InvisiGard Paint Protection

AZST1300A

Can you see me now???
Since I'm getting the '03 repainted, I've been considering installing the InvisiGard Paint Protection film over the leading edges of the bike. In a search here, I've found no mention of this item being discussed.

Has anyone purchased and installed this on their bike?...and how were the results, opinions, etc?

http://www.autotrimdesign.net/items.jsp?category=17305

Last edited:
I thought you already painted your ST. Well I just wasted a perfectly good rant on another post. Please keep us up to date with your ongoing slide into supreme farkle uniqueness. It is for visibility, right? If not, this should insult every silver (it's not gray) owner on this site. I can see it now, duels with soggy noodles at five paces, Ah your mother wears army boots! Where will this madness all end. Wow, another great rant. :D :D
Well, I'm done.
Good luck with your, ahem project. All kidding aside, please do post some project pics. This is a very interesting project. :yes:

NewsMag

R.I.P. - 2022/08/23
Rest In Peace
Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
Don't know about Invisi-guard, but I did put on the Tankslapper stuff, which looks quite similar. It's a bit of a pain to get on right, and the tank/beltbuckle area was not cut correctly. Now that it's on I like it a lot.

Their website is HERE

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
I've put some on but it's all a pain. The tankslapper stuff I also bought and it is a bigger pain. Not sure if it's worth it or not. You'll have to be the judge on it.

Curt

Paint Protection

Brian,
Last fall I orderd the protective film from "autotrimdesign.com", probably from my intimidation of cutting the stuff to size and multi-curves. It is still sitting in a roll. Just try to make a template for the front lights!

Later I found out about "Tankslapper" (http://www.thetankslapper.com/) they have a kit (which I ordered) with pre-cut pieces for the ST1300.

It arrived in mid January and the instructions were clear "do not install if tempreature is less than 70 deg.". I brought my saddle bags, from the garage, into the house which was about 70 deg.. But did not wait for the plastic to warm.

The install was Ok but not easy and not perfect, the film when cool is not as plyable as when warm and with multiple angles perfection is difficult. The film has one or two ripples at the outside front edge which probably bothers me more than anyone else. The protection works fine and has prevented several scuffs. The good part is that it is easly removable and next time I will do a better job.

Now that I have learned my lesion, I will wait for the plastic to be well above 70 deg. and follow the instructions carefully, they recomend profesional instalation for a reason.

The bottom line for me, is it works, and when it warms up I will put it on the headlight plastic and maybe prevent a $300.00 plastic replacment.

Russ

OP
OP
AZST1300A

AZST1300A

Can you see me now???
Thanks for the input ya'll... There's a "professional" down in Tucson that cutom installs protective film for compound curves. After the paint cures, I'll let him do it...I don't trust my hand at it and if somethings wrong, his shop will warranty it. I've got to do something to protect against AZ rocks and dust...

Brian, a coworker is trying to decide on a color for her dune buggy. She wanted a yellow metal flake. I showed her the Papaya Orange color and she flipped out. She loved it and has made it her first choice. :bow1:

OP
OP
AZST1300A

AZST1300A

Can you see me now???
AgSTreak said:
Brian, a coworker is trying to decide on a color for her dune buggy. She wanted a yellow metal flake. I showed her the Papaya Orange color and she flipped out. She loved it and has made it her first choice. :bow1:
Glad to inspire...

Top Bottom