Ipod Nano V. Regular Ipod

In case you were thinking about the Nano, and in case you were a jogger, you may want to read today's new iPod press release.

This idea is right up my alley, and a really nifty concept. I'd even go so far as to call it an iPod Farkle! :D

How long before your iPod communicates with your ST?

Ken said:
/start hijack

A new mp3 player was released by iRiver last week and a couple of the trade rags are saying this may finally be the one to chip away at Apple's dominance in the market. It features 2GB of flash-based memory, 2.5 oz, small size (2.7x1.8x.6), video, pictures, 2.2" color touch screen, FM tuner, voice record, alarm, 25-hour battery life, and plays Flash-based games. And because it's been partnered with Microsoft's and MTV's new URGE music store, it may just have the financial, marketing, and media backing to give it splash. $199

iRiver Clix

/end hijack

Unfortunately that was last week. This week iRiver's parent company announced that they were exiting the portable mp3 player market. I'm sure they'll have inventory available for a while, and probably at a discount. But it looks like the iPod has trampled another competitor.

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/news/200605/200605230009.html

Nano

What an amazing device...I thank you again for the feedback. very pleased w/ it and the ability to see pictures. Just waiting for my ER6'is like our learned friend EASt.

Louie Louie said:
What an amazing device...I thank you again for the feedback. very pleased w/ it and the ability to see pictures. Just waiting for my ER6'is like our learned friend EASt.

They fit perfectly under your skid-lid, and do a wonerful job of blocking out most (but not all) ambient noise. I hated to drop that much money on a pair of earphones, but I reasoned that the ER-6i was equally as good for exercising, mowing the lawn, etc.

My one gripe with them is the super-long cord. However, it's nice for snaking around various things on the ST. No doubt, though, they sound really, really good hooked up to an iPod. :yes:

PS: I really wish I had someone like you around in person to call me "learned". My long-time friends would realize that nobody's ever thought of me in that way before. ;-)

EASt said:
They fit perfectly under your skid-lid, and do a wonerful job of blocking out most (but not all) ambient noise. I hated to drop that much money on a pair of earphones, but I reasoned that the ER-6i was equally as good for exercising, mowing the lawn, etc.

My one gripe with them is the super-long cord. However, it's nice for snaking around various things on the ST. No doubt, though, they sound really, really good hooked up to an iPod. :yes:

PS: I really wish I had someone like you around in person to call me "learned". My long-time friends would realize that nobody's ever thought of me in that way before. ;-)

lol...Obviuosly you are a learned dude. As to the ER6i's. I agree. This is my 2nd pair, as the other ones gave out. They even survived an accidental wash cycle in the washing machine!. The earplugs provided w/ the Ipods are horrific. The only debate I had was between the ER4's and ER6's...

Louie Louie said:
lol...Obviuosly you are a learned dude. As to the ER6i's. I agree. This is my 2nd pair, as the other ones gave out. They even survived an accidental wash cycle in the washing machine!. The earplugs provided w/ the Ipods are horrific. The only debate I had was between the ER4's and ER6's...

I've never really put the ER4's in my noggin' so I can't really claim to know the difference.

That said, I know that I'm not enough of an audiophile to be able to hear the difference between the two; I'm betting the only difference - to me - would've been the price.

I'm still thrilled with the ER6i's, though. Come to think of it, I'm going to go put them on right now and sing along to an ABBA tune!

Did I just say that?

Nano InSTalled

Ok..Nano is in place and everything is working great!

Attachments

• 100_2119.jpg
    100_2119.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 10
Looks good!

Does Luke Skywalker know that you're driving his X-Wing?

Back
Top Bottom