Is Harley Davidson Riding Off Into the Sunset?

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Maggie and I just got back from a little outing today. One of our stops was a Harley dealership about 30 miles south of us. One of the few bike stores open today and they were pretty packed. Salesmen had smiles on their mugs, so they couldn't be hurting too bad.

John

st13fundred

Blue:The color of which place?
Bike
'04 ST13A
Harley has a promotion going on right now.. I think they call it Free Ride. If you buy a Sportster, then (within a year) trade up for a bigger Harley, they guarantee the Sportster's trade-in value to be the original MSRP (of the Sportster).

Last edited:
Bike
ST1300
Hey!!!! I work there!!!! I'm.................not.......................slow................oh, look. Sumtin' shiny.
Next thing you know he'll be braggin' about the fact those fenders are made of PURE metal. Call the boys wearing their white coats and remind them to bring the net. :D

Highrider

Part time mechanic
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
My company makes a lot of parts for Harley Davidson and some other automotive companies. While they all are cutting back heavily, I don't see that HD will be going out of business. I have seen cutbacks in production of about 30% at this time, and expect it to slow down more by mid-year. All these companies are scaling back to survive, that means the company and it's operations will look diffferent by the time things start to improve towards the end of the year, but HD will survive this downturn cycle in the economy.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
A recession is one thing; what we have here is a depression (of whatever degree you feel like assigning to it), and HD is suffering form an over zealous outlook just like many other companies.

Se la vi?.
A recession is what happens to your neighbor. A depression is what happens to you!

Top Bottom