Is the rebuild kit for the clutch master cylider and the front brake master the same?

Bike
2005 ST-1300
I'm going to rebuild all of the brakes calipers and masters and have an extra clutch master kit and was wondering if they are the same parts?

They look the same to me.

Thank you,

Matt

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
PISTON SET, MASTER Clutch Master Cylinder Kit
22886-MCS-G01
Retail Price: $64.61
Your Price: $49.76

PISTON SET, FR. MASTER CYLINDER Front Brake Master Cylinder Kit
45530-MAJ-G41
Retail Price: $55.25
Your Price: $42.55

MASTER CYLINDER SUB-ASSY., RR. The Rear Brake Master Cylinder Kit has to be ordered in parts
43510-MCS-G02
Retail Price: $179.46
Your Price: $138.18

Just a question, if your having brake issues, have you inspected your Secondary Master Cylinder assembly as well? or checked the condition of your rear caliper mounting bracket?

This may help you
:WCP1:

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I'm going to rebuild all of the brakes calipers and masters and have an extra clutch master kit and was wondering if they are the same parts?

They look the same to me.

Thank you,

Matt
The clutch master cylinder rebuild kit carries a different part number 22886-MCS-G01 than the front brake master rebuild kit 45530-MAJ-G41 does. The latter includes MAJ in the P/N which indicates it is a part used in other Honda products but the clutch P/N is unique to the ST1300.

OP
OP
MattSTlouis
Bike
2005 ST-1300
PISTON SET, MASTER Clutch Master Cylinder Kit
22886-MCS-G01
Retail Price: $64.61
Your Price: $49.76

PISTON SET, FR. MASTER CYLINDER Front Brake Master Cylinder Kit
45530-MAJ-G41
Retail Price: $55.25
Your Price: $42.55

MASTER CYLINDER SUB-ASSY., RR. The Rear Brake Master Cylinder Kit has to be ordered in parts
43510-MCS-G02
Retail Price: $179.46
Your Price: $138.18

Just a question, if your having brake issues, have you inspected your Secondary Master Cylinder assembly as well? or checked the condition of your rear caliper mounting bracket?

This may help you
:WCP1:

The previous owners were not timely on the maintenance. The clutch slave cylinder was the worst thing I have ever seen. I can't believe I rode to Sturgis SD and Taos NM last year and it decided to die about a month after I got back. I rebuilt all of that and it works great but I want to redo all the brakes before I get 1000 miles away from my house and have a problem. I already have an SMC ordered and on the way as preventative maintenance. Going to replace all the coolant hoses too, and add police crash bars.

OP
OP
MattSTlouis
Bike
2005 ST-1300
Thanks for the info, on another problem. What part do I need to replace if I am getting coolent leaking out of the waterpump weep hole on the side of the of the engine? Is that just the seal or do I need a pump. I've never seen a waterpump quite like this one.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Thanks for the info, on another problem. What part do I need to replace if I am getting coolent leaking out of the waterpump weep hole on the side of the of the engine? Is that just the seal or do I need a pump. I've never seen a waterpump quite like this one.
Make sure that the leak is coming from the round weep hole and not from the square drain hole. The square drain hole is the exit of a drain channel that goes all the way to the top of the V between the cylinder banks and can show coolant weeping from hose joints up above the block and because of its proximity to the round weep hole, it can disguise weeps, seeps, and leaks from other cooling hoses that aren’t actually coming from the water pump. I’m sure you probably know this, but if you don’t, it’s worth cleaning the right side in the front of the engine very well and then riding the bike for a while monitoring the coolant that does appear. If you’re not losing much coolant from the overflow tank, you’d be able to do this for quite a while before you ever really needed to add coolant. Not that you should ignore a fluid leak but instead to diagnose its source.

OP
OP
MattSTlouis
Bike
2005 ST-1300
Make sure that the leak is coming from the round weep hole and not from the square drain hole. The square drain hole is the exit of a drain channel that goes all the way to the top of the V between the cylinder banks and can show coolant weeping from hose joints up above the block and because of its proximity to the round weep hole, it can disguise weeps, seeps, and leaks from other cooling hoses that aren’t actually coming from the water pump. I’m sure you probably know this, but if you don’t, it’s worth cleaning the right side in the front of the engine very well and then riding the bike for a while monitoring the coolant that does appear. If you’re not losing much coolant from the overflow tank, you’d be able to do this for quite a while before you ever really needed to add coolant. Not that you should ignore a fluid leak but instead to diagnose its source.
Yes, it is the square one, good. I found one of the hoses leaking on the thermostat housing and fixed that but I can still smell it all the time. I do not loose much coolant at all and maybe need to add some every 3000 miles but I want to fix it, if I can find it.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Yes, it is the square one, good. I found one of the hoses leaking on the thermostat housing and fixed that but I can still smell it all the time. I do not loose much coolant at all and maybe need to add some every 3000 miles but I want to fix it, if I can find it.
This may have been mentioned already....Check the long hose that runs back to the overflow tank.

Top Bottom