It’s Winter, who here has a YouTube Channel?

jfheilman

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Bike
Scrambler Ducati
These are really only for my own memory refresh, so kinda crude from a $25 China action camera. Watching a few today due to dead battery and snow on the ground.

BRG2020

JRman

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" - Possum Lodge
Bike
2007 ST1300
Glad I'm not the only one that makes videos for fun, the memories, and has no intention of being a "YouTuber" officially.

It all started for me when the kids were little, used the old digital 8mm camera mid 1990's and edited my first video in windows movie maker and was hooked! My wife laughs at my addiction - currently running a GoPro9 and two GoPro Session 5's, a DJI Pocket, a DJI Spark Drone - and about to pull the trigger on the DJI Mavic 2S....that machine flies sweet and the video quality is next level.

I generally post hobby videos - motorbikes, mountain bikes, hiking, and the occasional holiday video. I've only picked up my ST1300 at the end of the last riding season here in the Wetcoast of Canada so no videos of my Silver Ghost yet but will definitely be adding some this coming season.

My favorite solo trip video was to Moab in 2017 -

My favorite group ride video in 2018. I'm part of a group that has been trailering bikes down to Vegas since 2006 for a 5000-6000 Km rip through the US Southwest every couple of years. The pandemic has messed up our current schedule so likely won't restart till 2023 but I'm still hoping for this coming Spring - the 2018 edition was epic! -

The full channel is here - https://www.youtube.com/user/steedes

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Glad I'm not the only one that makes videos for fun, the memories, and has no intention of being a "YouTuber" officially.
I've got a ton of stuff on my external 4TB hard drive but most of it is mundane and too long to just upload without editing. If I want to watch it I just do it "offline."
Very rarely do I put stuff online for others to see.

I'm glad there's folks like Jim @Jim C-G (and the rest of you) who have the time and the gumption to sit and do it right. :)

Bike
ST-1300A '09/'12
2024 Miles
Here's my sloppy collection of random stuff.
Never planned to make it any kind of award winning channel.
More just a place to easily share with family and friends.

Lol! I started watching your "The Dragon 05:20:19" and was thinking to myself: "How was he able to do the dragon in 5 minutes when it took me over 20?" Then, while I was watching the video, I realized that "05:20:19" was the date, not the time! :p Oops!

JRman

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" - Possum Lodge
Bike
2007 ST1300
I've got a ton of stuff on my external 4TB hard drive but most of it is mundane and too long to just upload without editing. If I want to watch it I just do it "offline."
Very rarely do I put stuff online for others to see.

I'm glad there's folks like Jim @Jim C-G (and the rest of you) who have the time and the gumption to sit and do it right. :)
I can totally relate - I've taken far more video than I've ever posted. I did a 5 day ride to the rockies and back this past August - the riding was epic and though I was taking a good deal of video, when I got home and viewed it, I realized most of it would not translate well into something worth spending the time to edit.

As a general rule, for every 60 seconds of well edited YouTube video, there is about 1 hour of work - obviously more or less depending on skill and complexity (number of cameras etc) - so yeah, it can be a bit of a commitment indeed.

If I've got interesting footage to work with, I do enjoy the process!

Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
As a general rule, for every 60 seconds of well edited YouTube video, there is about 1 hour of work
You've got that right lol. I started professional life as a theatre sound technician cutting tape... the video editing takes me back to those days. It can sometimes get overrwhelming especially since I run too many cameras most of the time. But, I do enjoy it.

Top Bottom