It finally happened, dead battery

Tom Mac 04a

Site Supporter
Bike
04 ST1300a
STOC #
Well, I knew I was on borrowed time with my '04 battery.

Went to go for a ride today ( 50f ) and turned the key... lights on, pump whine, press key... clack! Nothing!!

Ok, turn off key, turn on key Nada!! no lights or anything. Voltage test with meter and its at 10v or basicly stone dead. The only thing that prob kept it alive this long was the tender and it had a bit of juice till I tried to crank.... V must have dropped like a rock.

So, now its time to buy a new battery and the big decision;
Spend $200 on a LiFe Shorai or go with a standard Sorpion for $72 or a OEm for about $140... tough decisions

Slydynbye

Will ride for Pie
Bike
2000 ABSII
STOC #
I always try to get Yuasa Made in USA
You want one that comes with the Electolyte still in the Tubes NOT in the battery.
Fill it yourself and put a full charge on it before using it. It should last a LONG time.
This time I went with the one that was supposedly made extra beefy for Snowmobiles.

Bike
'07 ST1300
STOC #
From Keel Bros, this month special

Spring Battery Yuasa Tune up

15% off all Yuasa batteries

All batteries come with a 12 month warranty.

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
It's only been in bike a couple of months now. It was a very clean install. They provide all the foam necessary to secure the much smaller and much lighter battery in the existing battery holder. They did a good job of providing great material to properly fit it.
It cranks like mad and seems to meet all the requirements of the stock/heavier battery.

Ok... time you had it? Problems??

Bike
2007 ST1300abs
STOC #
I always try to get Yuasa Made in USA
You want one that comes with the Electolyte still in the Tubes NOT in the battery.
Fill it yourself and put a full charge on it before using it. It should last a LONG time.
This time I went with the one that was supposedly made extra beefy for Snowmobiles.
Made in USA normal?
Is that a sealed battery?
Yuasa that came with my ST as OEM was marked Made in Japan.

OP
OP
Tom Mac 04a

Tom Mac 04a

Site Supporter
Bike
04 ST1300a
STOC #
well problem is solved for now.. didn't have to make a choice. My friend ( who I bought a SPOT for; for his Rte 66 trip this year ) came up with a new Yuasa battery for free. He had it on the shelf as a spare.

It's a year old, but new, and the price is hard to beat.

Slydynbye

Will ride for Pie
Bike
2000 ABSII
STOC #
Made in USA normal?
Is that a sealed battery?
Yuasa that came with my ST as OEM was marked Made in Japan.
My last one was Made in USA not sure how normal that is.
I added the Electrolyte and then sealed it I don't think there was any overflow tube if that's what you're asking.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
It's only been in bike a couple of months now. It was a very clean install. They provide all the foam necessary to secure the much smaller and much lighter battery in the existing battery holder. They did a good job of providing great material to properly fit it.
It cranks like mad and seems to meet all the requirements of the stock/heavier battery.
Same boat here, so far no problems. I curious to see how long it will last. My last Yuasa only lasted two years, about 60K.

Bike
2012 ST1300A
There is no advantage (performance wise) to made in USA. Indeed, all batteries except East-Penn/Decca are made outside the US (Mexico, China, & Philippines). Odyssey (performance battery) is HQ in Kansas, but I don't believe the batts are made there.

Top Bottom