Itchy Boots

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
I mentioned this YouTube channel in another post, but I thought it deserves it’s own thread. This channel was recommended to me a couple of months ago. The author Noraly is a young Dutch rider who chose a Royal Enfield Hymalian as her STead. The format of her videos is perfected over time and they are a treat to watch. This season she encorporates the use of a drone, which enhances the viewing pleasure. She has a great sense of adventure, engages with the locals, and it’s uplifting. The videos are generally under twenty minutes, so you can easily watch them on a lunch break or extended coffee break.
For us folks who have put away our bikes for the season,
I think it’s worth checking out.

Last edited:

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
I use to enjoy watching her when she rode through the Stan countries, Iran, through Turkey and back to the Netherlands. Somehow didn’t follow her Argentinian leg of her journey, maybe I will catch up on some cold winter days.

Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
I agree, Robert and Lyle. She's wonderful to watch. Bubbly personality, interacts with the locals... love her ride footage and drone footage. And... she's doing it alone. Great channel and person to follow. Found her at the start of her current series. Need to get the time to look at what she did earlier as well.

lomita

In God We Trust
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
What an accomplishment.
I mentioned this YouTube channel in another post, but I thought it deserves it’s own thread. This channel was recommended to me a couple of months ago. The author Noraly is a young Dutch rider who chose a Royal Enfield Hymalian as her STead. The format of her videos is perfected over time and they are a treat to watch. This season she encorporates the use of a drone, which enhances the viewing pleasure. She has a great sense of adventure, engages with the locals, and it’s uplifting. The videos are generally under twenty minutes, so you can easily watch them on a lunch break or extended coffee break.
For us folks who have put away our bikes for the season,
I think it’s worth checking out.
Very much enjoyed watching IB's latest video. Impressive journey. She's a real navigator.:wht13:

OP
OP
kiltman

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
:rofl1:I haven't yet seen here ride with cedar socks yet. :rofl1:
Although waterproof, and the bonus that they float, not the best option for off-road riding. Kick boxing is another story.
There is a guy in Stratford who rides his Ural wearing wooden shoes, and he rides extremely well with them on..........

MerlF

Chuck Welsh
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300AD 2013
Best female rider vlog I've seen yet

On Her Bike. 57,103 views 9 months ago. Motorcycle diaries of adventure seeker Kinga Tanajewska Solo from Australia to Everywhere since April 2017

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300
Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
Best female rider vlog I've seen yet

On Her Bike. 57,103 views 9 months ago. Motorcycle diaries of adventure seeker Kinga Tanajewska Solo from Australia to Everywhere since April 2017

She's another one I've follwed for a while. Great channel too.

Bike
2007 STinkerbell
Thanks for the reccomendation. When the weather turns cold, these moto vlogs keep me tied over until the spring.

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
I’m watching Itchy Boots today - about half way through Thailand. She’s a gutsy young lady and that R-E Himalayan seems like a good mount for that sort of trip.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
I am watching Season 1 Episode 57: "This Is Iran". She merely has to show up in villages to become an instant celebrity. As a European woman traveling alone by motorcycle there's no WAY she can avoid attracting attention (all friendly and curious, at least based on what she chose to include). People want to take the photo with her, give her gifts, invite her for meals, give her food... warmly generous people, the Iranians- at least as shown here. I'm not so naive as to believe it's all that way, but it's nice to see here.

And her signature "Let's go!", delivered in an uplifting lilt, is a joy to hear. Always positive and inviting; an affirmation not a demand.

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
People want to take the photo with her, give her gifts, invite her for meals, give her food... warmly generous people, the Iranians- at least as shown here. I'm not so naive as to believe it's all that way, but it's nice to see here.
I am sure for an aging overweight guy like me the reception might be different, but I know that I am not eye candy so it wouldn’t be huge surprise to me. Blonde young woman with a nice smile is always going to get more assistance and attention.

Haven’t travelled to any truly exotic destinations but from my experience common sense mostly keeps you safe. In my experience generally people are good and if you stay away from seedy areas, activities and mind your own business things are ok. I have had uncomfortable feelings about situations we where in a few times but nothing bad has happened before we had a chance to leave.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
I am sure for an aging overweight guy like me the reception might be different, but I know that I am not eye candy so it wouldn’t be huge surprise to me. Blonde young woman with a nice smile is always going to get more assistance and attention.
Plus, there are simply some people who have that magical aura and charisma; they've never met a stranger and everyone naturally takes to them. It's undoubtedly a combination of skills and natural social gifts.

Bike
2005 ST1300ABS
What one should also appreciate is the production value of her videos. No easy feat while on the road. 3 cameras, drone footage alone with a bg track (background) is a big undertaking. Get the impression as well Noraly plans her routes she goes. How exciting. I am an avid follower.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Plus, there are simply some people who have that magical aura and charisma; they've never met a stranger and everyone naturally takes to them. It's undoubtedly a combination of skills and natural social gifts.
Absolutely! And she has got it. I do wonder, however, if she has to deal with hassling by guys. It's easy to end up in the wrong place at the wrong time, or encounter idiots on a lightly traveled road in some of the places she goes.

As far as production of her videos, how in the world does she control her drone while riding her bike?

Top Bottom