It's all mine.... (and the banks)

slo~ride

Ride, Eat, Sleep, Repeat.
Bike
18 BMW K1600 GTL
STOC #
After 10 years of looking, wanting, & drooling, I finally went and bought a 2012 BMW R1200GS Adventure. It's Has the aluminum panniers and GPS. I figured since my STeed now has over 100K on her, it was time to add something new to the stable. I put a little over 1000 miles on the GS this weekend. It was nice to be able to ride those dirt roads up into the hills instead of just wondering where they go.

Ashley

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Africa Twin
STOC #
Congrats. Is it everything you thought it would be? I'd love to have an adventure bike at some point, not sure which one tho. I've often had that "wondering where they go" moment.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Congratulations on the new GSA, an awesome machine.

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
I looked at the GSA pretty hard when I bought my RT. All I could think about was how easily I could pick it up. My legs are just a bit too short for the beast. I'm kinda wishing I would have bought the black GS with wire wheels instead. I really want an adventure bike I can tour on.

Please keep us updated with your comments.
Mike

OP
OP
slo~ride

slo~ride

Bike
18 BMW K1600 GTL
STOC #
So far so good with the GSA. The BMW seems a bit buzzy at 75-78 MPH, partly because its a twin and partly because of the dual-sport tires. the vibration isn't bad but its still there. I took it up to Markleville CA, on some serious twisties and it handled great. On some rocky mining roads in central Nevada it did ok once I got the suspension set correctly. The bike took some getting used to off road and I got myself in a pretty good predicament in a wash and a side slope but I was able to get it out by just hammering the throttle. (a little top heavy with 8.7 gallons of fuel up top)
I did keep my ST1300, I have it in the garage at my home in Nevada. I took the BMW to my house in Kingman AZ, that way I have a bike in both locations. Sorry about no photos, I can't seem to get them to load from my phone to this site and I just bought a MAC for the first time and apparently I'm too technology challenged to figure out how to use it. any help from the computer guys/gals on how to upload pics from my MAC would be appreciated.
Slo~

Bike
2010 st1300
yea and that nimble perfect handling, had 4 of um now on st cause had 2 final drive failures, watch that part the only real week spot and its only on some ( if splines were not perfectly line up) well over 100k on one of um great bikes

OP
OP
slo~ride

slo~ride

Bike
18 BMW K1600 GTL
STOC #
Well I hope I don't have the Final drive failures I am quite familiar with the possibility.thanks for the heads up though.

yea and that nimble perfect handling, had 4 of um now on st cause had 2 final drive failures, watch that part the only real week spot and its only on some ( if splines were not perfectly line up) well over 100k on one of um great bikes

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
... and I just bought a MAC for the first time and apparently I'm too technology challenged to figure out how to use it. any help from the computer guys/gals on how to upload pics from my MAC would be appreciated.
Slo~
Step 1: Find the picture and right-click on it.

:crackup

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
It was in his gallery, nice looking bike, appears to be loaded.

OP
OP
slo~ride

slo~ride

Bike
18 BMW K1600 GTL
STOC #
It was in his gallery, nice looking bike, appears to be loaded.

Thanks Mellow for bringing the picture up for me. Now if I can just figure out how to get the rest of the picks posted.
The bike is pretty loaded. It is missing a few small guards but I can assure you they are on order and should be here next week.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Thanks Mellow for bringing the picture up for me. Now if I can just figure out how to get the rest of the picks posted.
The bike is pretty loaded. It is missing a few small guards but I can assure you they are on order and should be here next week.
It was in your gallery.

If you reply to this, click the Go Advanced button and then under the text box, you'll see 'manage attachments', you'll be able to upload pics from your computer.

Top Bottom