I've got a secret!

OP
OP
RaYzerman
Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Ah That explains "going back to a round tire" comment the other day
Actually, that's an entirely different story.... I am diagnosing a potential issue with the ABS on the FJR, so I'm planning to wear out at least one new moto tire next year.

Thanks for moving the thread into Suzi category, Joe, I was about to ask you about that...... obviously, I couldn't go there first, LOL.....

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
Actually, that's an entirely different story.... I am diagnosing a potential issue with the ABS on the FJR, so I'm planning to wear out at least one new moto tire next year.
Right I do remember that part of the conversation now.... I was having a blonde moment.
Congratulations on the new bike. I do like the V configuration and shaft drive from Suzuki.

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Congrats on the Wee. More and More folks are going to the Wee and finding it does everything very well. Can be made into a pavement only bike. Can be made into a big Dirt Bike that is not too heavy. Can be made into a Adventure Touring Machine. Chain maint. is no big deal. I have 32k miles on my chain and sprockets.(will change out this winter) Normal maint every 15k miles with no unscheduled repairs. If this bike supplements your stable, you will find you will be riding it more than the others. Again Congrats, and let us know how you like it after a few months.

Bike
2014 BMW 1200 GSW
STOC #
Congratulations Ray.

All you guys swinging over to dual sports will have me and Jeff scouring the motorcycle show for prospective additions to the stable.

Andy

OP
OP
RaYzerman
Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Thanks, guys...... I had one of these new in 2006 and for several reasons that make a long story, I sold it and graduated up to some big heavy ole plastic covered thing called an ST1300..... and that's how I met you all. One of the reasons was I had knee issues at the time and thought the Wee top heavy. I needed something shorter at least and something to take the spousal unit on comfortably. The ST took over as the fave and I didn't get on the Wee for a month or two. I put it up for sale and decided I better take the Wee for a wee spin to clean the light rust off the brake rotors. I got back and wondered why I thought it was too tall and top heavy, 'cuz it wasn't that day. However, buyer was coming and I couldn't keep both, and I often thought shoulda kept it..... it was a fun bike. The little v-twin has plenty of oomph for one-up. Anyhoo, fast forward a few years, take retirement, life changes and here we are!!

Mark, the reason for the orange instead of the black or the low gloss charcoal choices I had, is so I don't have to paint it, I like the orange as is...... but I am looking for Red Wing graphics, LOL.....:hotpepper It's loaded, has almost all the farkles I need for a better price than I could have installed them on a more basic model..... don't know what the next set of tires will be, but I expect it will be a street machine mostly. It WILL show up at a STOC event or two, that I know. Bones, I'll drop in....

Kendoo....... yeah, I did look to see if it was even plausible to fit something in there where the 150 size rear is..... swing arm a bit narrow, read some have done it, have not investigated and I likely won't do it anyway......

Surprises when I saw it, weren't advertised, let me chop my farkle budget... heated grips, Givi touring windshield, top box rack were already there. Basically missing a center stand and a throttle lock. Picked up an almost new DL1000 seat, extra set of brand new handguards and a stock windshield all for $200...... hopefully I don't have to spend anything on a new seat. I'm almost good to go and quite happy how it all worked out.

I read about some guy who made some lower fairing type air deflectors out of two pieces of plastic snow shovel......... anyone know if they come in orange? :think1: :rofl1:

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Congrats.....in Minnesota plastic snow shovels come in orange......so you can find it again! Have fun..................ff

Bike
2013 650 vSTrom
STOC #
Congrats from one Suzi to another. These bikes are a blast to ride :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RaYzerman
Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Thanks, Robert, Glee's are cool....

Look what followed me home today...... oh that.... what's in the big aluminum box??? A couple of surprises, it has highway pegs (probably won't use them) and a center stand (it escapes me how I missed that). And they did a fresh oil change before I got there. In the right aluminum pannier, there was a new Suzi oil filter and an extra set of lock cylinders for the panniers. Bonus money I don't have to spend.
So it's basically all farkled out where I don't have to spend very much at all. Very pleased with this whole deal...... JeffF and my buddy Mike gave me the send-off from London where they had a couple of feet of snow...... east of London, nothing much, and no white stuff at my place........

Attachments

Last edited:

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Congrats on the new wheels, looks like a new bike. We'll see if I can keep up with you on this one.

Gerhard

Must be nice to live in the sunny south we have 30 to 50 cm of the white stuff here, got stuck in our drive yesterday.

Top Bottom