J&M 2003

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Anyone have some pictures of this installed on their ST? I was going to look around at Moonshine, but I guess with it being so cold and raining it slipped my mind to look for it! I am still kicking around the idea of getting one, but the cost may prevent it awhile longer. I just thougt maybe someone had some pictures of theirs. Pics of install and how the wires were ran would be helpful. There used to be a big thread on this but I cannot find it, maybe it was lost in the BIG crash. I read where someone said to run the wires inside the frame, can some define and clear up what inside the frame means?

Landon

...... I read where someone said to run the wires inside the frame, can some define and clear up what inside the frame means?

Landon
"Inside the frame" isn't meant to be taken literally such as running a wire through conduit. It refers to the inner side of the frame rail underneath the tank. Does that help any?

Pat

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
"Inside the frame" isn't meant to be taken literally such as running a wire through conduit. It refers to the inner side of the frame rail underneath the tank. Does that help any?

Pat
So are most running the wires under the tank and on top of the air box?

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Anybody willing to take a picture of the unit on the bike and post it? I am not so concerned with the wiring. Just wondering the position of it. I kind of have an image in my head, but a picture would be great! I am 6'2", will it restrict my vision to the mirror? I don't run any risers.

Landon

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Anybody willing to take a picture of the unit on the bike and post it? I am not so concerned with the wiring. Just wondering the position of it. I kind of have an image in my head, but a picture would be great! I am 6'2", will it restrict my vision to the mirror? I don't run any risers.

Landon

Here are a couple of pic's. If you need more get with me off line and I will send you some more.

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Thank you guys for posting the pictures. Did you guys install it yourself? Pretty simple install? Is the connector for the helmet led, the cord on your handlebar(that looks like a lighter plug)? if so, anyway to bring it into the tupperware and make it look stock?

Landon

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Thanks for those pictures. I guess the glue is not a big deal, I have a big roll of 3M tape that should fix it there. Do you have once of those for the pillion as well? If so, where did you mount it so it was not in there way?

Sink

TwiSTieholic
Bike
ST 1100
STOC #
I have an ST1100 and I mounted it above the saddlebag and below the seat facing forward. It works great there except I had to mount it to the paint... There is a small notch on my side panel that lets the cord come out without being pinched.

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
OK...gonna bite the bullet soon and purchase one. I was looking through the book and my uncles shop at their products. My question is on the headsets. I have read here where people say to buy the elite headsets as they are better. I asked my uncle his opinion and he said he got the mid-level headsets they sold and took me out to his bike and gave me his helmet to try it. As I only listened to the radio, the headset seemed like it would work fine. Is there something I am missing that I should spend the extra $100(2 headsets) for the top of the line?

Thanks for the help again!
Landon

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
How about if you don't intend to listen to music? I am buying it one for the CB function to avoid bad traffic if possible, and two for a intercom between my wife and I. I don't care much for music when I ride as it is a means of clearing your head and relaxing.

Landon

STOC #
I went to a MC show last year and spoke with the J&M tech there. I am a firm believer in a complete solution for intercom/headset.

• J&M CB-2003 Radio Kit for Rider & Passenger (Dual)
  • J&M CB-2003 Mounting Bracket for most Honda's
  • J&M HS-8154 Series Helmet Headsets (installed on SHOEI RF-1000)
  • J&M P-Series Lower-section 8-pin hook-up cord for JMCB-2003,

visit vendor site -> http://www.jmcorp.com/index.html

A MC shop installed the headsets (I didn't want to risk damaging my brain bucket) & my riding buddy (certified Honda tech) installed the radio kit on my ST1100. It is important to properly ground your system and a power source free from interference (tail light power source).

I added my shelf and iPod/MP3 holder).

IMHO - the standard helmet sets work well when integrated to a J&M system and I do listen to music.

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Finally made the purchase! I have read where guys have removed tupperware to do the install. Do you really need to? I don't have the unit in hand yet but it seems like a person could do it just by lifting the top tank and with the seat being removed.

Last edited:
Bike
2005 ST1300
When the tech at Sierra Electronics installed my unit, he left the tank on, but removed the tupperware on the left side.

STPilot

Timmah !!
Finally made the purchase! I have read where guys have removed tupperware to do the install. Do you really need to? I don't have the unit in hand yet but it seems like a person could do it just by lifting the top tank and with the seat being removed.
Just lift the tank, that's how I did it. There's room to run all the cables under the tank, just make sure where they go under the rear part of the tank along the frame they're not twisted/overlaped with other cables so that when the tank goes forward nothing gets pinched.

STPilot

Timmah !!
STP, where ya been, been missing you on chat nite, and not much posting either, you serious about the new job I take it.:D :biker:
"Hijack mode on"

Hey Danny !!!! Long time no talk.... Yup, new job, new town... I had a lot going on for about 6 months. The poor ST was parked from Oct-May. Now I'm back in the saddle. Of course I'm chasing my second coolant leak in only a month riding....:cus:

"Hijack mode off"

Top Bottom