Jammaman 2022-02-02

TPadden

Tom Padden
Forwarding info from John Smick (SourKraut):

Doug Mills (Jammaman) unfortunately has major health problems (tongue/mouth cancer on top of his Parkinson's) and is not expected to recover. He is heading to Hospice in Seattle and at this point is extremely confused, unable to eat, etc. I'm sure thoughts and prayers will be appreciated but I have no email address or contact info at this time and will post info if I receive any.

For those who were fortunate enough to know Doug; he is one of the very best members of ST-Owners. He is always smiling and laughing, never complaining about anything.

One of the good guys whose presence is larger than his massive physical existence; a truly great man.

Tom

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Very sad, he's definitely one of those guys you always liked seeing as he always brought your mood up. Like Tom said, always had a smile on his face.

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
That is truly sad news, thanks for letting us all know. Oddly, Doug came into my thoughts not too long ago as I realized how long it had been since we'd seen a post from him; I knew he had Parkinson's but of course, had no idea how ill he actually was/is.

Thoughts going out to him, his family and all his friends.

Patty

Bike
ST1100 02 Blue
So sad to hear this . Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends .
Laurie

VFR

"Uncle Larry"
Awww man, sure didn't want to hear that!!! I met Doug at Moonshine. He was new there and looking for someone to ride with. About that time Bob Donald comes walking up. I introduced them and it turned out they lived pretty near each other. Saw him several times after that. I was wondering lately how he was doing. I knew he had some medical issues but hate to hear that.

Like Bob Donald, Doug was a true gentleman and a nice guy to know. Definitely prayers going out for him.

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
Thanks for sharing that picture of him up at Terry's farm. Brings back good memories. Sorry to hear of this sad news. I've only met him a few times but he was always a pleasure to be around...

Bike
07 FJR1300
STOC #
Sorry to hear this sad news about Doug. He is always smiling and fun to be around. My thoughts sent.

Bike
2002 ST 1100
STOC #
Doug really brings character to an event. The list of members is getting too long. Karl, Putt, Terry, Mark, etc.. There are more, but those are the ones I knew. Prayers and hope.

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Doug is one of the good ones for sure. I guess I last saw Doug at the last OzarkSTOC at Theodosia. Him and Bob Donaldson drove up in Doug's red Volkswagen beetle. What a great weekend that was.
Doug needed toothpaste and asked if I wanted to ride with him to the grocery store. I said "sure" since I'd been indoors all day watching it rain, sleet and snow. Everything was an adventure with Doug. Who knew something as mundane as going to the grocery store for toothpaste could be such a side-splitting affair? I don't remember what we were talking about or what was said but I do remember wiping tears from my eyes from laughing so hard on the way back to the campground. You couldn't help but smile when Doug was around.

Doug, I know you won't see this but I truly hope your final days are filled with peace, love and solitude. You deserve it. I am so glad our paths crossed and you made me laugh and forget about life for a while.
Mike

The Dan

The Dude Abides
Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Prayers uplifted for Doug, always enjoy visiting with him.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Spent an afternoon with Doug in a little pub in Pulsbo, WA. a few years back. It was the funniest and best afternoon a person could experience.

Top Bottom