Just got my TourMaster Synergy liner...

Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
I've been using the Tourmaster jacket liner since last spring... and it has been great as a liner and I've been very pleased with the heat on low. I also have the pant liner, but haven't used them as much... will be using them more in the next few weeks as it is getting decidedly cool here in the evenings... will be restricting my night riding once we start getting below freezing... I can ride all day at close to freezing as long as the road is dry... why did I wait so long to buy electric heat? and I've got the dualstar grip warmers... good investment too

OP
OP
Putt

Putt

R.I.P. - 2009/05/29
Rest In Peace
STOC #
I've got the liner and the gloves. I was powering the gloves off the liner, but I'm not sure that was the right thing to do since the liner controller burned up. They sent me a new one and I think I'll just hook them up on the different connections they give you with the gloves (a "Y" connector) so you can power both from the same battery connection, but different controllers.

I won't be trying that for a few months down here though...Late December or sometime in January, once temps drop below 45? or so...:sun1:
My original controller bit the dust, I think ACL's did also... Called
T/M and had a new controller in about 2 days... Seems as if the
original controllers were a little on the light side....

Putt...

OP
OP
Putt

Putt

R.I.P. - 2009/05/29
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Thanks for the review Putt. Anyone know if the Tourmaster liner will work with the Gerbing dual temp controller? (Can you controll the temps of the gloves and liner seperately?)
An adjustable controller would be nice... For me, unless it gets down into the
30's even the low setting is a bit on the warm side... Low, Medium, and High
does not give you a lot of latitude in adjusting the temperature...
Don't know about the gloves Greg, I don't have heated gloves..

Putt...

Gene

That's MR CUPCAKE to you!
STOC #
Doesn't Warm and safe offer a 20% discount at all times to ST-owners members, pretty sure they still do.

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
+1 on Tour Master Synergy.

I have had my liner and gloves for a week.

Today temp was 36 and low is just right.

The gloves are interconnected using the one controller. I can feel the backs getting warm so almost perfect. No sweating.

W

ThreeWheels

I'm an Engineer, not a Doctor
Bike
2010Spyder RT-S
STOC #
Just picked one up from my local Stealer... XL.. Only one they had, been on order for a couple of months. Two other riders were inquiring also, so I snapped it up :) XL size is XL, fits snug (it's suppose to).. Gonna sit here at the computer, plug it in to my 12 regulated supply and make "VROOM!!! VROOM!!! noises for a while..

Cabin Fevered Putt...
Where did you get the 12V regulated supply ? Sounds like a great idea. I'd like to do the same.
I may pass on the VROOM VROOM sounds.

OP
OP
Putt

Putt

R.I.P. - 2009/05/29
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Where did you get the 12V regulated supply ? Sounds like a great idea. I'd like to do the same.
I may pass on the VROOM VROOM sounds.

I have a number of them around here, powering Amateur radio equipment..

Putt...

dan0813

R.I.P - 9/28/2009
STOC #
Putt, do you think it would be fairly easy to run new wires down the sleeve for the gloves? I'd like to be able to power them seperately, cause I need more heat on the hands. By the way KN4BF here, been a Ham for about 25 yrs now. If you could email me some pictures of the connectors (close up) so I can see about building a harness for the gloves. Email is kn4bf@centurytel.net . Thanks.

Dan

My Tourmaster liner worked great this morning on the ride to work. I'll continue to test it over the weekend. Plenty of heat on Low.
I have the jacket liner and just ordered the gloves. Left NV on sunday to come home and it was 34deg out, had the jacket set on low and all was fine except my FINGERS WERE FREEEEEZZIINNGG.:eek:

idahorider

IdahoFalls Rider
Bike
ST1300
Update on my experience with the Synergy Jacket Liner: My girlfriend's failed on our trip. We contacted the vendor, Motorcycle Supestore, and this time they knew about the controller problem. They sent two new ones to us on the road and they worked great. We rode home last Sunday and Monday in temps down to 21. We were fine in the thirties and above, although the Girlfriend Unit's feet got cold. We are thinking about the pants.

I would buy the liners again. Very comfortable and warm. The GFU didn't wear a full length shirt under hers though and ran it on high all day. The result was blisters on her arm. I wore a long sleeve T shirt and had no problems.

dan0813

R.I.P - 9/28/2009
STOC #
Ok took the plunge on Friday Oct 17 and bought a pair of Synergy Gloves and a Vest liner from Montgomery Honda and Yamaha(100 miles away from me, closest dealer to me with items in stock). Wired it all up Saturday morning and the gloves lasted all of 2 minutes, vest worked fine. Had a red and dim orange led on the gloves and unable turn them off, so I called dealer they were very understanding and willing to do what I wanted to include sending a controller from another pair of gloves. I declined due to all the gloves coming in on the same order. Dealer was willing for me to return the items, I told them let me contact Tourmaster first and see if they'd send me a good controller. Called Helmet House Monday morning first thing and yes they're aware there's a problem with controllers and they ship me 2 new ones right out, took my name and address and everything, then I guess I screwed up and gave them too much info. I mentioned my dealer had been real nice and was willing to do what was needed to make it right, she then informed me that since I had bought from a dealer I'd have to return it to the dealer I asked why she was ready to send me the controllers before and she said that was their policy, I tried to explain that I was 100 miles from the dealer and such, she said that didn't matter, so I informed her what I thought of their customer service and told her I'd not be buying anything else made by Tourmaster. The gloves and Vest are back at the dealer (he took them back with no fuss and was not happy with the response I'd recieved from Helmet House). Side note My Gerbing Gloves, Jacket Liner and dual controller will be here tomorrow. Maybe I'm wrong for being POed about this but I just don't understand why one minute they're ready to send me the controllers and the next they say if I bought from a dealer it would have to go thru him, Where else do you buy except from a dealer? Oh well I'll get off the soap box now, sorry for the rant guys and girls.

Dan

Got my Synergy jacket liner a month ago. Been loving it! I can't see a vest liner being of much help, even on the ST with pretty decent wind protection. My arms would be real cold!

I give the jacket liner two thumbs up, it's a great piece of equipment. I'm trying to think of when a vest might be more useable, and I can't. If it's cold enough for electric assist, then the jacket makes the most sense. I can ride with my mesh jacket over the Synergy liner (on HIGH) and it handles 35-45 degree mornings perfectly at 80 mph for 20 miles. Otherwise, I wear a heavier tourmaster transition jacket over top for when it's below 35 or so.

Great stuff!

Top Bottom