Just how much more do you REALLY take?

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
So here it is the night before I leave for the Davis Rally. I have my Mini-Mate camper all packed and ready to hitch onto the bike when I get home from work tomorrow afternoon. I am taking the afternoon off from work to take my mother-in-law to a medical appointment (she's in assisted living) and will leave right after I take her back home. I have almost everything packed into the camper with just a few items I like to keep with me in my tank bag and some other items in the saddle bags that I keep on the bike anyway during my usual day rides or commute to work. So far the top case is empty, and will likely stay that way for this trip since I can fit all the rest in the camper.

Speaking of "all the rest." I was thinking of all the stuff I am ending up taking for a 3-1/2 day trip. Really all of it is about the same even if I was going on a multi-week trip or longer. Other than the camper itself, and it's related extras (spare tire, awning, poles, 50 ft power cord, battery charger, small fan and ceramic heater), the stuff is all on my regular "list" of things to pack for camping. I have a list of things to be sure to pack for a camping trip, either by tent or by camper, and that general collection of things is the same and all will fit on the bike, with the tent and inflatable mattress, without any trailer to pack it into. That got me wondering...

To all you riders who have added pulling a trailer, mono-wheel or otherwise, to your camping trips.
Just how much more "stuff" do you find you are packing in?
Be honest now. I know there's more than when it was just you and the bike alone.

Top Bottom