Just Ordered Avon Storms

Just ordered Avon Storms yesterday from Dennis Kirk.AV55st 120/70/18 for the front and AV56st 170/60/17 for the rear for my ST1300.After ordering I read some previous threads about the Storms not yet being rated for the 1300.I checked the Avon website and it still didn't show them available for the 1300.Are the tires I ordered the same one's some of you guy's have been running on your 1300?I weigh 165 lb,don't have a topbox,and usually ride solo.BTW,Dennis Kirk matched motoxoutlet price of about $242.00.....................................Thanks Dale C.

Dale,

Those are the ones. I'm on my third set, 7K+ on the first set, 8K+ on the second set. I was riding with some FJR's this weekend and one of the guys said he had 2,500+ miles and they were ready for a change. Based on your riding style and roads you ride YMMV. Did I mention that I have another pair ready for when the third set is done? :)

Dale,

Those are the ones. I'm on my third set, 7K+ on the first set, 8K+ on the second set. I was riding with some FJR's this weekend and one of the guys said he had 2,500+ miles and they were ready for a change. Based on your riding style and roads you ride YMMV. Did I mention that I have another pair ready for when the third set is done? :)

Let me see... just better than 7k per set and you keep buying them...
Yup... that's a good tire. :cool:

Mark

Mark,

I told myself if I couldn't get 8K out of the second set I would look at another brand. If I had leaned over a little further more of the time I might have been able to stretch them to 9K. :D

Dale, I just put a set of the Storms on my 06 ST couple of weeks ago.... Another St rider and I put 5K miles in 7 days, riding from FL to Mt. Rushmore, over to The Upper Peninsula in Michigan, and back to Fl.. My tires still look almost new.... Though it does have a slight flat spot in the middle from riding on flat roads for so long.... My factory tires got 10K before I changed them out.. I am 170 lbs and my riding is split with solo and my wife on quite a few rides. I have only ridden the bike little less than 5 months and it has over 15K miles.. I believe your tire mileage will depend on your riding habits... I feel I will get 10k miles out of this set also....

Allen......Rideaholic

I put Storms on my 06 a couple of weeks ago and have ~2K on them and they look great and are a VAST improvement over the OEM Bridgestones!

Love the Storms and will definitely go with them again!

.........Thanks for all the fast responses.After finding out Avon hadn't recommended them for the 1300 yet I was wandering if I had ordered the right tires.Now I just can't wait to get them mounted and go for a test run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...........Hey Allen,that sounded like a nice trip.5k in 7 days now that's a vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RIDE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Dale C.

.........Thanks for all the fast responses.After finding out Avon hadn't recommended them for the 1300 yet I was wandering if I had ordered the right tires.Now I just can't wait to get them mounted and go for a test run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...........Hey Allen,that sounded like a nice trip.5k in 7 days now that's a vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RIDE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Dale C.
Don't forget that Avon is a European company, and IIRC the rules there don't let you mount a tire unless it has been approved for use on a particular model bike. So they don't have any fitment listed for an ST1300.

I'm in the same boat here before WeSTOC. My Z6/ME-880's only have maybe 1000 miles left until I'm solidly in the wear bars. So I'm thinking as long as I only am getting 8K per set, I might switch to something stickier, with a tread pattern that will show wear better. So far the leading contender is Avon Storms.

- Jim :04biker:

Back
Top Bottom