Just ordered Road Smarts

The composition of roads in your area is a big factor. Down here I typically get half of the distance most in the US and other places, except for some areas of the US where coarse chip roads are more common. I am not the fastest or aggressive rider around, but I could not even push the bike as far as many say they get from their tyres.

Bike
2006 ST1300
UPS came today and delivered my Roadsmarts already! I only ordered them on the 4th!

That's fast shipping from Two Brothers, I'll be using them from now on.

On the rear I can actually see the 2 different compounds but rubbing my finger across I can't tell the difference.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
UPS came today and delivered my Roadsmarts already! I only ordered them on the 4th!

That's fast shipping from Two Brothers, I'll be using them from now on.

On the rear I can actually see the 2 different compounds but rubbing my finger across I can't tell the difference.
Yeah... tap it like you would a watermelon.. you can hear the difference when you get to the center 2-3 inches.

Of course, I never tried that with another tire so maybe they all sound like that.

I'm just commuting on a straight road. I want to wring all out of the rear that I can. When should I toss it? BTW I bought a new tire from Two Brothers. Good price and they must have shipped it that afternoon. The day after it was here.
The closest shop to me is a Yamaha dealer. Is there any reason they can't put the tire on if I take the rim to them?

Bike
2006 ST1300
I'm just commuting on a straight road. I want to wring all out of the rear that I can. When should I toss it? BTW I bought a new tire from Two Brothers. Good price and they must have shipped it that afternoon. The day after it was here.
The closest shop to me is a Yamaha dealer. Is there any reason they can't put the tire on if I take the rim to them?
Better call first.

Any shop is "capable' of mounting a tire. Most won't unless you bought it there or they charge too much. Never mind the gas, bring it there, leave, come back maybe the next day, have them scratch your rims, etc.

I mount and balance myself for years now and have never looked back.

My only problem is old tire disposal, have 4 now again to get rid of.

Two Brothers

Walking, Talking, and Smiling!
Better call first.

Any shop is "capable' of mounting a tire. Most won't unless you bought it there or they charge too much. Never mind the gas, bring it there, leave, come back maybe the next day, have them scratch your rims, etc.

I mount and balance myself for years now and have never looked back.

My only problem is old tire disposal, have 4 now again to get rid of.
Hey Pete just take them to your local tire shop and pay their fee maybe $2 per tire. They should be happy to help you out. TBT

I've put about three thousand on a set of Roadsmarts, and am pleased. I just got back from a trip to Copper Harbor and thereabouts in the U.P. I had my wife with, and the tires were top-notch under fairly heavy loading. Smooth on straights, stable in curves, rode in rain and they were great. I've done a bunch of commuting, as well as some hard pushes through the twisties; high marks for all. The only unknown for me now is mileage. I may not get to do a long tour this summer (damn the necessities of work), but will still probably have 10,000 on them by the end of September. I'll post wear results as I ride.

Mike

Bike
'99 ST1100
STOC #
Well...I put Avon Storms on mine - but wanted to throw in a good word for both Tim and Ernie at Two Brothers in Lawrenceville, GA.

On the spur of the moment, I was able to ride there and have them make the switch for me. I dropped the bike off Monday afternoon and continued to Greenville, SC on business.

I had called Monday AM first thing and they ordered my tires for delivery on Tuesday. When I called on Tuesday from Greenville, SC to see if they were in, Tim had already checked with UPS and while they weren't at his shop yet - he knew they were "out for delivery." By the time I got there, they already had the rear wheel on and I was out of there with my new skins before long.

His follow up was on his own initiative, not because I called. And let's not forget Ernie - who actually did the work! THANKS, GUYS! :yr1:

Forgive me for hijacking the thread, but I felt compelled to offer my appreciation and let everyone in our community know these guys are "straight up" and I recommend them highly.

Now...back to your RoadSmart thread...

Regards,

-Geo

Top Bottom