K 1600 Rear Tire Consensus Thread

Well, I am 6000 miles into the PR3B and it still looks great! At the same time however, DO NOT ADD POWER AGGRESSIVELY when exiting a corner in 2nd or 3rd unless you routinely carry spare underroos. While the center tread wear on the tire is fantastic, the transition zone from hard rubber to the grippier sidewall is a scary place to be.

I like them for how I ride, and will probably try the 4 when this one wears out, but aggressive for me is like babying it for most folks. I would hate to see how these slip leaned over for some of the folks I have followed over the years.

His rear tire was already showing wear on our way back from Arkansas. It was new when we left for Moonshine.

PR4s come in two flavors for the road, Standard and GT--one has a harder compound, but I'm not sure which one that is.

PR4s come in two flavors for the road, Standard and GT--one has a harder compound, but I'm not sure which one that is.

The GT version (same goes for the Pirelli Angel's) is considered the "longer wearing" tire. Actually, the manufacturers tout the "GT" version of their tire as designed for "touring" motorcycles, usually a heavier bike. The non-GT version of their tire would be for "lighter" bikes (think: VFR1200).

I got my PR4GT's from Revzilla. Usually they arrive in a day or two, but the front tire showed up 3 days after order and the rear showed up on day 4. That was back in November.

Back
Top Bottom