KAOKO Throtle Lock

Thanks for the responses. Like many folks, I am trying to decide between a throttle lock and an Audiovox cruise control. This morning I am thinking the cruise contrrol is the way to go.

Thanks again for the responses,

Arkie

Howdy,

I'm on the fence as to what throttle control to buy. I looked at the Kaoko and looks fine, but I wonder if it works better than the Throttlemeister? And what about the Breakaway Cruise Control?

Your expert comments are greatly appreciated.

Better? That I cannot say. I can say that mine has worked flawlessly. I read that some folks had issues with the Throttlemeister not holding. This was especially the case on the Gen2 FJR as it has a stiffer throttle return spring than our ST1300. That was one of two very good reasons for my getting the Kaoko.

The second reason I got it was that it is "invisible". It so closely matches the original bar end weight that very few even notice it is there. I put one on my ST1300 and on Dad's FJR and both have been perfect both in performance and looks. Of course, it is not a cruise control and we mostly use them for a brief time to rest our throttle hand.

I have a Kaoko lock on my Triumph Tiger because Throttlemeister doesn't make one for a bike with handguards. Very nice unit & easy to operate. I have Throttlemeisters on some of my other bikes. If they don't hold, they aren't adjusted properly. I do have to admit that the Kaoko is easier to engage.

As mentioned, the Kaoko is easier to engage, due to the cogged ring on the unit. (I can engage it with my pinky...) The Breakaway is ingenious, and very well made, but it occupies space on the grip.

I never liked the throttlemeister myself. The KAOKO was much easier to use. I tried the Breakaway as well but for me it was too much money for something I could do with a Vista Cruise so I went that direction. YMMV

Back
Top Bottom