Kaoko Throttle Stabiliser for Honda ST1300 & ST1300 Pan European With Or Without OEM Heated Grips 02- (KA-HNDST)

Hi guys, has anyone fitted these and what`s the verdict ? Selling for £99 in UK

Thanks.

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
I've been using one for several years now. I think it's the best of the throttle locks. The cogged wheel makes it easier to engage than the Throttlemeister.

fnmag

R.I.P. - 2020
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300/Burgmn400
The Kaoko is a very good throttle lock. I also prefer it over the Throttlemeister.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I'm not sure if there's a question in the OP's subject line but if there is – this from a reader comment on a WebBikeWorld review:

"Do watch out though if you turn your heated grips on after engaging the throttle lock, due to expansion of the grip it can tighten up quite a bit! My review of the Kaoko."

This may be a YMMV thing but it's worth noting. The WBW reviewer liked it a lot. He did seem to lack the skills to master the complexity of a Go-Cruise though.

It's a nice looking bit of kit. About $138 over here. Don't know about tax and shipping. I know nothing of the functionality of a Kaoko vs Throttlemeister but the Kaoko is trick looking. :)

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
I have one. It's okay but seems to allow the throttle to gradually slip so that I still have to maintain a light grip to hold speed over any distance. It is definitely not a "real" cruise control but is good for flexing / resting my right hand when needed.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
It's okay but seems to allow the throttle to gradually slip so that I still have to maintain a light grip to hold speed over any distance.
One of it's bullet points: 'It cannot lock'.
It is definitely not a "real" cruise control...
Or throttle lock unless there's more to its story. None of the range of throttle locks I've seen would be easy to set up so that you couldn't 'override' it without releasing it in an emergency. Something comes up too quick roll the throttle off. But I'd want any throttle lock device to maintain the throttle opening for as long as I wanted. Not possible with the Kaoko? It's a really need device though a little pricey.

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
I have one. It's okay but seems to allow the throttle to gradually slip so that I still have to maintain a light grip to hold speed over any distance.
That's what the set-screw is for. I adjusted mine so it never slips but I can still turn it while engaged.

I have since added a Rostra all-electronic cruise control to my Nighthawk, but the NEP is also used for warming up.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Larry Fine said:
That's what the set-screw is for. I adjusted mine so it never slips but I can still turn it while engaged.
Good to know.

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
I have one. It's okay but seems to allow the throttle to gradually slip so that I still have to maintain a light grip to hold speed over any distance. It is definitely not a "real" cruise control but is good for flexing / resting my right hand when needed.
There's an adjustment that will tighten the lock; mine doesn't slip at all.

Top Bottom