Kenwood Freetalk XL TK-3101 question?

dmulk

Dan Mulkiewicz
STOC #
Does anyone know if the kenwood Freetalk TK-3101 has a removable antenna?

I mean, does it unscrew and allow for an external antenna to be connected to it?

Also, does it opperate on the standard GMRS channels / freqs? (Looks like it has the standard 38 side bands/ talk groups)

Thanks,

<D>

Bob Hughes

Grounhog One
Does anyone know if the kenwood Freetalk TK-3101 has a removable antenna?

I mean, does it unscrew and allow for an external antenna to be connected to it?

Also, does it opperate on the standard GMRS channels / freqs? (Looks like it has the standard 38 side bands/ talk groups)

Thanks,

<D>
The antenna unscrews and others are available but I get 2 miles with the rubber ducky from under the seat. Mine only has 15 channels, look for a recent thread with a spreadsheet comparing brands and channels that covered this topic a couple of days ago.

OP
OP
dmulk

dmulk

Dan Mulkiewicz
STOC #
I have a friend that has an external antenna for it...pretty cool. Stuck to his inside windshield. I'll see if I can find out who makes it for ya if you're interested.

Hmmmm... interesting. Actually I saw a setup at CreSTOC last weekend that was awesome. It was a shortend / stubby version of Turbo City Tom's Top Box mount with a stubby wire antenna....really cool and really low profile. Rick and don's setups were awesome. Something I am looking forward to configuring.

Although, now I am hearing that the radio seems to work fine as is in the tail section (2 mile range?) that's pretty good.

<D>

Top Bottom