Kickstand Plate?

STOC #
Hey Eric,

I'll see what I can work out. I'm wondering how to fasten it. If I make two plates I could sandwich it like the other ones I've seen.

I'll look at it tonight.

Curt
Why couldn't you just drill and tap a couple of holes in the existing kickstand foot and then use a couple of flat head screws counter sunk into the plate?

OP
OP
crazykz

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Why couldn't you just drill and tap a couple of holes in the existing kickstand foot and then use a couple of flat head screws counter sunk into the plate?
I'm concerned that the screw heads will be damaged and I'll be unable to remove it if I need to.

Curt

OP
OP
crazykz

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
If someone (that'd be you, Curt) could post a picture of the kickstand with a close up of the existing foot, I'll mill out a piece of 1/4" or 3/8" stock in any shape you want. Just let me know the rough dimensions fo what you want.

I'll have a look at the kickstands at OHSTOC this weekend as well.

Eric
Hey Eric,

Well I have looked at this and basically this is what I would say. Tape a piece of cardboard to the bottom of the kickstand. Then trace around the foot with a pen. Then go out 1/2" all the way around in the shape of the bottom of the kickstand.

Does that make sense? I would say that would do it but I don't know how to attach it. 3/8" stock would be good.

Curt

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
I will be out of town this weekend Eric, but I could ride down on the 4th in the morning if you wanted some measurements. That way we could be done early for afternoon plans. Let me know if you want me too.

Or...I have the bike here at work today and you could drive up here and take measurements. I am going to leave around 2 though.

Bike
BMW GS
Made Curt's foot thingie today. Took a lot longer than we expected and looks nothing like I thought it would.

It looks this way out of necessity - it had to look like this for clearance reasons. The next one I make will look cosmetically better and I already have an idea for it.

Coop - I didn't make yours today as this one took so long and I wasn't really happy with it's looks. It was prefectly functional, just looked a bit odd. I'll make a couple more, refine them a bit, and have a decent looking one for you and a replacement for Curt as well.

Curt can probably post better pics of it and let us know how it worked.

Eric

Attachments

OP
OP
crazykz

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
I think it's kinda purty. Works well although my ground clearance on that side is slightly less but it will shape itself if needed.

Thanks,
Curt

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Eric, you're an artist!! Is the new one going to look like Marilyn Monroe? LOL!!

Bike
None
STOC #
Unbelievable! :a13:

I was at an air show in Goshen Indiana this last weekend! Took time out to check out all the bikes in their special parking area! (My dad rolled his eyes. Go to an air show so I can check out MC's!:crackup ) Anyway, saw a lonely ST1300 there! (New sighting thread!) Low and behold, look what I saw on it's little side footy!:View attachment 19545:-D

I sent a pic of this to Earache! Hope it helps!! Sorry if it's too late.

I sugested that Earache make ones that say ST1100/1300! That way we could leave a signature foot print! :hat1:

OP
OP
crazykz

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Yep Biddyman sent that to me the other day. Too big. It's the one for the wing. I like the one Eric set up for me just fine.

Curt
:crackup

Bike
None
STOC #
Yep Biddyman sent that to me the other day. Too big. It's the one for the wing. I like the one Eric set up for me just fine.

Curt
:crackup
That's what I figured. I just thought that the pic might help refine the ones Earache is making. I think he should make them so that they say ST1100 or ST1300 so that we can leave a signature where ever we go!:clap2: Maybe a foot that spells "STOC"? :shrug2:

OP
OP
crazykz

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Actually I think he is going to use a piece of billet round stock to make them. We looked at that and I think it's a good idea but he didn't have a big enough piece to make one. So mine is one of a kind Earache special but I just can't tell anyone. No one is reading this anyway so they won't know. ;)

Curt

Bike
None
STOC #
Made Curt's foot thingie today. Took a lot longer than we expected and looks nothing like I thought it would.
Unbelievable!:banghead:

Sorry about my rudeness! After PMing you and sending an e-mail, I forgot to say how good that foot looks!!!:clap2: Eh,hem: Foot looks great my man!!!

What is the material you are using if I may ask!

OP
OP
crazykz

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Unbelievable!:banghead:

Sorry about my rudeness! After PMing you and sending an e-mail, I forgot to say how good that foot looks!!!:clap2: Eh,hem: Foot looks great my man!!!

What is the material you are using if I may ask!
It's all aluminum. That way it will shape itself over time. ;)

Curt

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Actually looking for a solution for my GF's '07 NT700VA which has a rather short side-stand, causing a weird leaning angle (requiring way wider parking spots as my ST1100), plus it's small base tends to sink into asphalt, so my GF is frequently fumbling with her "foot on a string" (with the obligatory "remove before flight" key-chain wrapped around the handlebar), I finally came across those guys...

ST1100

ST1300

price seems fair, cover avail in various colors, customized text (max 25 char)

Dunno about shipment costs to the US of A, but maybe you guys can organize a group buy?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I finally came across those guys...
That site has been posted a number of times but I don't recall seeing anyone posting about making a purchase or any sort of a review. I may have missed it if it's happened.

Top Bottom