Kings River

Scarman

Not all pain is gain
Bike
FJR1300
One of my favorite rides early in the morning is up Trimmer Springs Road past Pine Flat Lake along the Kings River. This late in the year the water flow is starting to taper off, but it's still a great ride. The road is about as twisty as they come. Early in the morning you have to watch for cows, squirrels, bobcats, quail, doves, and as usual... the deer. Not a lot of cagers on this road. One of those roads where I hate to stop for a pic because I enjoy riding too much to stop. Further back on the road there is plenty of white water, but again I hated to stop riding to get more pics. So here are a few pics from my ride this morning.

P1010822_Edited.jpg

P1010826.jpg

P1010832.jpg

OK I guess I did have a couple pics of the area as you go further back up the Kings River. This is from three or four weeks, but it still gives you an idea how nice it is back there.

P1010687.jpg

P1010697.jpg

Attachments

• P1010827.jpg
    P1010827.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Very nice pictures! I love Kings Canyon. Just like Yosemite, but without the waterfalls and most important crowds! Really great pictures. What kind of camera do you use? A fellow nature photographer would like to know. ;)

I shot those with my Lumix FZ10. Great "slr like" digital. The Leica 12x optical zoom lens is very nice. The FZ10 will soon be my backup because I ordered up a Canon 20d this morning.

I agree with your comments about Kings Canyon. A lot less people and although the falls are lacking, the river is amazing.

finewest said:
Very nice pictures! I love Kings Canyon. Just like Yosemite, but without the waterfalls and most important crowds! Really great pictures. What kind of camera do you use? A fellow nature photographer would like to know. ;)

Scarman said:
I shot those with my Lumix FZ10. Great "slr like" digital. The Leica 12x optical zoom lens is very nice. The FZ10 will soon be my backup because I ordered up a Canon 20d this morning.

I agree with your comments about Kings Canyon. A lot less people and although the falls are lacking, the river is amazing.

You will absolutely love the 20D. Fantastic camera, I just wished it was FF as DOF can become difficult to control without ultrawides.

I just returned from Italy and put up a couple of pics using the 20D
http://iviewphoto.com/
select images of Italy

Don

Thanks for sharing Don. Great images and well put together on your web page. So how did you come upon Mario? Was it pure coincidence?

Speaking of ultra wides, I'm actually looking for one. Since you have experience with the 20d, any recommendations? I've been looking at the Canon EF-S 10-22/3.5-4.5 USM. It seems to get pretty good reviews.

Thanks,
Dave

maldos said:
You will absolutely love the 20D. Fantastic camera, I just wished it was FF as DOF can become difficult to control without ultrawides.

I just returned from Italy and put up a couple of pics using the 20D
http://iviewphoto.com/
select images of Italy

Don

Back
Top Bottom