Jackets Klim AI-1 Airbag Vest

Bike
2006 ST1300
Hi All,

Anyone using this vest?

If so, how do you like it?

Also, it is not clear to me how you turn it on and off after you put it on?

Thanks so much,
Ray

Bike
ST-1300A '09/'12
2024 Miles
Never used it but here is what I found:

There is a button on the unit that you can press to turn it on:
View media item 550
I found the owner's manual here:

I'm not sure how I feel about a subscription based system. Also I'm not sure about the propritary gas cannisters.

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
There is a long thread started by Uncle Phil about vests that has info about the KLIM AI-1 - That being said I have had my KLIM vest now going on three years. It has been easy to use, comfortable and not too hot in hot weather. The KLIM module lasts for about 3 days worth of riding without recharging. It connects to your phone for status and updates but the phone is not needed to operate. Neck and cervical support is better than some of the other offerings. I would buy another without hesitation having owned this one.

Dan

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
Hi All,

Anyone using this vest?

If so, how do you like it?

Also, it is not clear to me how you turn it on and off after you put it on?

Thanks so much,
Ray
Just to answer your third question. There is a button on the module to activate the vest and it lights up when active. The vest when active can sense motion so if you stop for a time and remove it it will basically go to sleep until it is moved again to conserve battery life. You need to activate the vest when you put it on if it was deactivated intentionally. The phone app will tell you if the vest is active. To deactivate/ activate the vest it takes two fast button pushes for it to change modes. The button takes a really solid push to operate it. When the module is removed it has a tiny sliding switch to completely power it off to store it.

Dan

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
I've used it since it came out. Never going back. Use it whenever I pick the bike keys up.

Here is the thread Dan mentioned:

Safety vest discussion

In the thread, both Dan and me have expressed extensively what we like about the Klim AI-1. And it's a lot to like.

Last edited:
Top Bottom