Lane Splitting - "and the beat goes on" !

Bike
2010 ST1300
I had to put a mirror cover and a saddlebag lid back together at FerrySToc (a bad fall over from the side stand). Super glue gel (good quality) and baking soda does the trick! Folks were amazed as I 'reassembled' the mirror cover then snapped it back on the bike and rode. :D

Thanks Uncle Phil. I will give it a try. Really appreciate all of the helpful members here.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Thanks Uncle Phil. I will give it a try. Really appreciate all of the helpful members here.
Just a warning - It gets hot enough to burn your fingers when it is curing so don't touch it. Just glue it 'normally' then dump baking soda generously over the joint. My mirror cover was in a bunch of pieces that took a while to figure out how it went back together. ;-) But unfortunately, it wasn't my first rodeo of doing it ... ;-)

Bike
2012 honda ST1300
STOC #
Now how much damage to the other vehicles from you trying to slide between them? There should have been marks of some sort.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Now how much damage to the other vehicles from you trying to slide between them? There should have been marks of some sort.
Nothing abvious on the transit bus. I may have creased the door with the MCL highway blades. I didn't get a chance to get a good look at her vehicle.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Just a warning - It gets hot enough to burn your fingers when it is curing so don't touch it. Just glue it 'normally' then dump baking soda generously over the joint. My mirror cover was in a bunch of pieces that took a while to figure out how it went back together. ;-) But unfortunately, it wasn't my first rodeo of doing it ... ;-)
What brand of "super glue" or does it matter?

Bike
2010 ST1300
I prefer Loctite Super Gel (gives you a little time to get the pieces in the right spot.) Gorilla Glue's version works decently also. Just don't get the glue on your fingers and then get the baking soda on your fingers ... ;-)

Sounds like the voice of experience :D

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
... Thanks for the offer of a mirror housing. I will take you up on it if it is available. ....
I'm supposed to pick up an entire '06 plastic set this Saturday, I'll let you know after I pick the stuff up.

Bike
ST1100-L
Its a daily requirement over here in blighty! if you don't Filter (lane split) you don't get anywhere during rush hour times. IT took me 30minutes in the car to drive home but bike is 15minutes

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Its a daily requirement over here in blighty! if you don't Filter (lane split) you don't get anywhere during rush hour times. IT took me 30minutes in the car to drive home but bike is 15minutes
Today was a great example why I'm glad California allows it. Ten miles of four lanes of traffic moving at 5 to 10 mph! Instead of it taking me an hour+ plus to get through it, it took me less than 20 minutes. I deal with this everyday going home also, the last 15 miles of freeway I'm on is often hosed.

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
In the greater Toronto area driver attitude (aggressiveness or complete indifference and/or ignorance re rules of the road) and just plain incompetent driving would make filtering very dangerous.

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
In the greater Toronto area driver attitude (aggressiveness or complete indifference and/or ignorance re rules of the road) and just plain incompetent driving would make filtering very dangerous.
It would require your Government & your Transportation department a bit of money for public education. Add fines for interfering with the motorcycles traveling between the lanes and with many motorcycles carrying GoPros, and using those as evidence, I think many of your motorists would change their attitudes!

But like I said, it would take Laws to change it for you!

Top Bottom