LED Flashing Brake Light

aniwack

Site Supporter
Bike
05A/07A/09PA
STOC #
Would appreciate your experience and input
LIN is a lens that spreads the light out through a magnifier for a wider output. The TIR is localized to the diode itself and is naturally dimmer than the LIN lens.
I think you're right. It's deigned as an emergency-vehicle strobe, not as a brake light.

You should be able to set it for steady on, then trigger it with a brake-light module.

Ping-Pong and Single Flash 60 are a popular selection.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
maybe they will let me return then.
I think an EMS strobe is superior to Hyper-Lites. Do a bench setup that allows you to conveniently change the flash modes using a momentary NO pushbutton switch. Cycle until you find the 3-flash then steady on mode or similar.

If your strobe doesn't have such a mode a $6 brake light flasher in conjunction with the LIN3 in steady mode would do pretty much what what you want. Hit the brakes and it gives you four quick flashes then four slow flashes then on steady. Either way I think it's a better solution than Hyper-Lites.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ken Valkyrie
Bike
09 ST1300A
The Soundoff EL3PSNR is a hot seller; it fits a lot better as a brake light. I've done a dozen plus.
I’ll check out the EL3PNSR
I did call StrobesNmore yesterday, they confirmed that the LIN3 had either flashing mode or steady on mode but no “flash- stop” mode.

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
I’ll check out the EL3PNSR
I did call StrobesNmore yesterday, they confirmed that the LIN3 had either flashing mode or steady on mode but no “flash- stop” mode.
You could add a simple flasher. I have one of these on my ST, although not attached to a LIN3.

GS-100A flasher. Does 3 quick flashes, 3 slower flashes, then on. You should be able to wire it into the LIN3 set to "steady mode"

1654384708913.png

Here it is on my ST. Wired only for my 2 extra brake lights.

Prices range from $3-$15 depending on where you buy it (Amazon/Ebay/AliExpress etc) and how long you're willing to wait for shipping.

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
OP
OP
Ken Valkyrie
Bike
09 ST1300A
I have Hyperlites and one of these.
I was happy with my original Hyperlite also -
I was just looking for something a little brighter that still functioned in a flash-stop mode

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
I was happy with my original Hyperlite also -
I was just looking for something a little brighter that still functioned in a flash-stop mode
The other option then is to just add more Hyperlites. Make up the brightness with more overall lighting?

OP
OP
Ken Valkyrie
Bike
09 ST1300A
Strobes-N-More very nicely refunded my $$ when I returned their lights.
Since then I bought & installed the HyperLites, (the double 16 led ones), look like two dominoes with a total pf 32 led’s.
When the brakes are applied they blink for 5 seconds then stay on steady until the brake is released. If stopped for a while and someone approaches I just release & reapply brakes to initiate the “flashing “ again.
Not for everyone, but I like that system.

Top Bottom