LEDPERF driving lights

STFlips

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100A

Anybody bought from or heard of this outfit? Reputable or one of those "too good to be true"?

Bike
2010 ST1300
Never heard of them, but that is meaningless. Know what you are buying. First, these put out 1500 lumens in a 30º beam. That's not a lot of light for a driving light, and 30 degrees is no spot, (10º is a spot) even though they call it that. Go to the clearwater website and learn about one of the better lights out there. Forget the price, these are lifetime lights and you can find other good lights for less money, but check out the lumens, beam spreads, watts, and physical dimensions.

Many of the choices that you will find are rebranded. For some years now I have been using the lights actually manufactured by https://www.nilight.com/
Tons of choices / well made and they don't carry the "designer" price tags. They sell all the wiring and switches etc.
The oldest ones I have are about 6 seasons old. They are billed as "tractor work lights". 27W each, 3000 lum, sold in pairs, spots that turn night into day, about $25usd. Even if you buy something else, their web site is informative and you can make better choices with the knowledge.

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Those are $30 lights from China..... order direct, why pay C$104? I've had them, they are OK...... 10Watts/1500 lumens is more for visibility lighting, not for night vision.

Many of the choices that you will find are rebranded. For some years now I have been using the lights actually manufactured by https://www.nilight.com/
Tons of choices / well made and they don't carry the "designer" price tags. They sell all the wiring and switches etc.
The oldest ones I have are about 6 seasons old. They are billed as "tractor work lights". 27W each, 3000 lum, sold in pairs, spots that turn night into day, about $25usd. Even if you buy something else, their web site is informative and you can make better choices with the knowledge.
Thanks. I’m going to give them a shot.

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
These are basically the lights

plus some cheap wiring. If I recall from looking the switch isn't even waterproof.

I bought a cheap set of the square ones (the early Denali's) in 2016 and they work ok on my Kawi. More of a spot (30 degrees) vs a flood.

OP
OP
STFlips

STFlips

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100A
Thanks for the advice guys, I'll check out your recommendations. Didn't want to spend the big bucks for PIAA or Denali if I didn't have to but suspected these were poor quality.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
These were my choice the last time I added driving lights. 20W each (4 5W Cree LEDs in each), 3" round lamps, 1680 lumens, 10 degree pencil beam spots.
They lit up the road way beyond the stock LED headlights on my CTX, which were great lighting by themselves. And these also lit up the ditches up ahead rather well depending how I aimed them.
And not as pricey as some. Amazon used to have a dual lamp package as well as a single lamp package. But I could only find the single this time around.
https://www.amazon.com/6KLED-Driving-Tacoma-Tundra-Raptor/dp/B00QW2A60O/ref=sr_1_5?crid=52YP3HA74LBD&dchild=1&keywords=6k+led+driving+lights&qid=1634913979&sprefix=6k+led+driving+light,aps,152&sr=8-5

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
@STFlips is this for an ST1100/1300? If so have you upgraded the headlight bulbs to LED (or at least H4 vs the stock bulbs)?

The LED upgrade (there are recommended bulbs that work best and ones to avoid) makes a huge difference! You may find you don't really need any additional lights.

There's a few threads here about the LED upgrades.

Top Bottom