Let's make it even more top heavy

Norm

Vendor
Bike
KLR650
STOC #
Balance is an issue for all of us during slow speed and stopped control and the higher the mass, the slower the bike reacts in direction changes. The ST's are pretty good for their weight but still not fun for those of us with short legs. A KLR650 at 1/2 the weight can be even worse but my favorite champion of "Let's make it more top heavy" has to be the older Yamaha Venture Royale.

Here's a photo of the big battery, right up there near the steering head....say what?

The second photo shows a big space behind the seat where it might better go....or a bit of a redesign and near the left rear of the engine. I like the Venture but walked away from buying more than once, back in the day, because Godzilla would have trouble keeping one upright.

Attachments

Bike
st1300 vfr800
Yes but boy were they fun to ride like a dirt tracker they are almost the best bike ever at getting the rear stepped out easily ,such fun .

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
The battery in my 2013 Triumph is in the fairing, right next to the right mirror. Easy access, but truly a *** location.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Triumph Trophy maybe, the Tiger 800 carries it low under the seat.

Top Bottom