"Liberty" wireless system from IntaRide, UK?

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
Anybody heard about this "Liberty" wireless system below on the UK side of the pond and can comment?

IntaRide Edited said:
Well, it finally looks like the new "Liberty" wireless system is ready for launch!

It's been a long year since we first announced the concept, and there have been a few stumbling blocks along the way, but at last we have put them behind us and as you may have heard, we recently demonstrated the Liberty system at the Scottish Bike Show, in Edinburgh, to a great response.

Our website has just been updated with the latest details for you to look at.

http://www.intaride.com/ridertopillion.html

We know there have been a number of "Bluetooth" systems launched during this year, but these generally seem to only do one thing or another, quite limited in their scope. Nothing so far compares with the Liberty.

General Spec's for ?Liberty? include:

* Smaller, more streamlined "Pod" unit for your helmet.

* Full Stereo music, to both Rider & Pillion.

* Full Duplex speech with "Professional" Sidetone. (Both can talk &
hear yourselves at the same time).

* Vox activated microphones.

* Approx' 20+ hours constant music on a single charge

* Approx 1 hr charge from mains or bike 12v power

* Ability to plug into other makes of intercom / on-board entertainment systems, upgrading them to "Wire-free".

We are now ready to manufacture our first batch of ?Liberty? systems.

The Launch price for all those who have pre-registered will be:

UK= ?249 GB Pounds USA=$470 US Dollars EU=?360 Euros

This will include 1 x ?Hub? unit + 2 x ?Pods? for your helmets, headsets, chargers etc.

Best regards

The IntaRide Team

FJRHank

"Scooter Pimp"
I'm no expert, but learning alot.

this looks good, but noticed no input for Radar Detector? And as far as music goes, or any sound for that matter, part of the attraction of the AutoComm (and others), there's a built in amplifier. That's one thing missing if you just buy speakers and put them in your helmet. Also, with a radar detector, I believe you need a ground isolating loop, as they aren't grounded...

Ok, this shows my ignorance I'm sure lol. It's all pretty confusing to me right now.

Regards,

tdeboeser

that's not me!
STOC #
From the webbikeworld review it seems a dual headphone set is on the way... so stereo will be have left and right :). I think they mean the unit can handle stereo.

I like what I see.. but I don't see where non-bluetooth music input could happen :(. The price is nice... $189, and can be got here:

http://www.myblueant.com/interphone-motorbike-helmet-kit.htm

I like wireless stuff, but now I gotta upgrade all my gadgets... :( $$$

Tom de

OP
OP
MidLife
Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
I like wireless too. I wonder why someone couldn't produce an adapter that would plug into the headset connectors of an existing StarCom, AutoCom, etc. that pairs with a helmet mounted pod. You could do this for both rider and passenger. Having to hard wire connect components that usually remain on the bike is no big deal, but it would be nice if I could dispense with the cable to my helmet.

It'd also be convenient to have a BT link to my phone since I take that with me whenever I leave the bike. The rest of the stuff, GPS, XM, MP3, RD, FRS, CB, etc. could remain hard wired as far as I'm concerned.

OP
OP
MidLife
Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
I like wireless too. I wonder why someone couldn't produce an adapter that would plug into the headset connectors of an existing StarCom, AutoCom, etc. that pairs with a helmet mounted pod. You could do this for both rider and passenger. Having to hard wire connect components that usually remain on the bike is no big deal, but it would be nice if I could dispense with the cable to my helmet.
The Intaride site says:

-- Input leads to Autocom, Starcom etc, so you can easily upgrade your existing system to "Wireless".

Isn't it what you say you are after?

Top Bottom