Light Brackets For The ST1300???

Bike
2007 ST1300A
After trying to read all there is on lights and light brackets, I have come to the following conclusions:

There are three avaiable light brackets for the ST1300:
1. Dick Seng
2. Turbo Tom's
3. BLM Mounts

All of the above utilize a higher or as high as the stock headlight location. I currently run the Motolights which run at brake caliper height. They are great for daytime visibility and also for the close shoulder or ditches, but I would like to add something higher, but not as high as the headlights. Has anyone seen a bracket for under the headlight area, in the space (although limited) between the headlight and the front fender??? I am planning on small HID's with enclosed ballasts such as the new PIAA Cross Country, or the Trail Tech Eclipse HID lights.
If I can not find a commercial brand, I will have a friend fabricate a pair and see if he is willing to produce more. Anyone interested???

I feel that the small/ballast included HID's mounted just below the headlight might be the ticket for the extra lighting I am looking for.

Any comments or experience with these????

Thanks,

Motors

Bike
2014 Yamaha FZ-09
STOC #
Sounds like you've got some of the same ideas I have as far as lighting. FYI: The TurboTom brackets can go under the mirrors as well...which, with those PIAA HID's would look pretty sleek.

I put my Hella lights where the side reflectors go on the front wheel, by using an L bracket.

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Lights can be mounted under the headlight on the ST11, but the ST13 does not have enough clearance. I just put the Dick Seng mounts with Hella FF50's on mine and really like them. I had to "notch" out the bracket on the Hellas to get them to aim high enough because of the angle of the Dick Seng brackets. I contemplated the TrailTech HID's but $75 for a replacement bulb scared me off. They are nice looking lights.

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
The over mirror mounts are technically illegal here in NC. On road lights can be no higher than 42" from the ground. You are supposed to have covers on anything higher than 42" while on a public roadway. Although I doubt you would ever get a ticket for it.
How much do the factory light mounts cost?

Rob Hephner

Mobile Pest Control
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I don't skimp, because I like things done right. That is why I got these brackets and also the proper bolts and rubber gaskets which allow the mount to fit properly and seal to the light as before.

Attachments

OP
OP
Bike
2007 ST1300A
Oops,

I forgot to mention the Police brackets!

However, I am interested in mounting them BELOW the headlights! In the space between the headlights and the front fender. It would seem to me that if the light was small enough in diameter, it should fit with a custom bracket attached to the bottom of the headlight housing and still permit enough space for the action of the shocks. Am I right, or am I right????

Motors

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
They would have to be very small and I don't know any that would work.

I was actually thinking some of the hyperlites white LEDs might look cool there. More for visibility vs lighting up the road. Those would be flat and should work well but not sure that's what you're after.

Paul

Happy Saturday!
Site Supporter
Bike
08 ST13 05 VStrom 1K
STOC #
I'm wondering if those police brackets could be swapped side for side and turned upside down, for under mirror mounting.

Bike
'07 ST1300
STOC #
I'm wondering if those police brackets could be swapped side for side and turned upside down, for under mirror mounting.
I'm wondering the same thing. I'd also like to be able to mount a small, powerful light somewhere. I really like the idea of having a bracket to mount them under the headlight. To me, that would be ideal.

CWDUSMC

Site Supporter
Bike
01 ST-1100
STOC #
Can the "above the mirror" brackets be flipped and swapped from side to side and then be used to mount the lights under the mirrors (on 1100s and/or 1300s)? Seems to me I have seen lights mounted under the mirrors. To use under the mirrors, does any modifications have to be made to the mirror housings?
I have also mounted lights down by the brake calipers which are great for visibility but don't do much for night time driving.

Just saw that while I was thinking and typing somebody else posted the same question!

JZH

International Bodger
I don't skimp, because I like things done right. That is why I got these brackets and also the proper bolts and rubber gaskets which allow the mount to fit properly and seal to the light as before.
Ah, I see that RideNow has the Police-model microfiche online...good find! :hat1:

(Choose model year 2005.)

Ciao,

Hound

Cave Canem
Bike
2004 ST1300PA
STOC #
The police brackets for the 1100 can't be flipped and used upside down so I'm betting it's the same with those 1300 brackets.

Not seen those 1300 brackets in the UK; we use Code3s with their own bracket that bolts to the top of the mirror. Lately Code3s are out and Federal Signal Sputniks are in favour.

STOC #
That was what I had in mind too...It be great if it is possible.Doubt so now after various comments unless its fabricated:07biker:

Bike
'07 ST1300
I wanted to mount some driving/fog lights under the mirrors, but I have the mirror air deflector which would block the light, being thicker than the bracker was tall, so I put them on top of the mirror housing. Doesn't look as good, but actually should give better light there, it might be illegal, if a LEO wants me to, I'll disconnect them, but I don't think anyone will bother me about it. They are 55watt halogen, oval with blue lenses, I think they look cool on the ST looking at them from the "other" side, but from the rider's side I need to work on hiding the wiring, I hate to open up my dash to hide wires, but I guess I'll have to someday.

:07biker:

Bike
'07 ST1300
OH, by the way, those stock above mirror brackers look HUGE and HIDEOUS!!! But I bet those lights really work good.

Function before Form?

Rob Hephner

Mobile Pest Control
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
OH, by the way, those stock above mirror brackers look HUGE and HIDEOUS!!! But I bet those lights really work good.

Function before Form?

Those are the PIAA 910's and I used them in Ohio to spot deer. They worked well for their purpose, I am now trying to source the PIAA HID lights only to put there.

When I do runs up North and need a big light again for Elk I'll swap one out.

That's the nice thing about how I set them up. I can swap lights and have full control electrically.

Top Bottom