Loaded down for camping and tired

Bike
07 ST 1300 A
I finally got to do Bear Tooth Pass this year, in June the first week it was open for the season. After a couple of long days of riding to get to Cody, I had one gas stop that proved too much for me. As I entered the parking lot I saw a 4" curb sticking up between the parking lot and the sidewalk. I guess someone did not want gas customers driving on the sidewalk so they stuck a curb between to level surfaces and at least had the curtesy to paint it a bright color. I was looking at the pump I had picked out to approach and in my periphery vision saw the bright colored curb, successfully dodged it at the last minute, only to see a pothole the size of a medium sink hole. I reverse dodged the pothole and felt myself going over slowly. With the top heavy weight of my camping gear I did not have a chance and I needed help tp pick it up. I then got something to eat, and my next stop was Cody, Wyoming. What a hoot. The only damage was a scratch in the black powder coating on the nice tip over bars I got on this forum from a guy in Mountain View California. Thanks dude, they worked like a charm.
Terry
Here is the damage, and proof that I made it to BTP. (Yes that is how I carried my sleeping bag on this trip, mounted on the passenger peg)

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom