Looking for Additional Information on Crash This Morning - Nashville

Bike
2004 ST1300 ABS
I'm trying to get additional information on this crash in the Nashville area this morning. Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I live in Nashville (Dickson is about 40 miles west on I40) - this is all I can find -

DICKSON, TN (WSMV) – The Tennessee Highway Patrol have identified the two people killed in a crash on Interstate 40 in Dickson County on Monday morning.

A tractor-trailer was westbound on I-40 at the 178-mile marker when THP said a 2018 Nissan Versa slowed “due to heavy/slowed traffic" around 9:30 a.m. THP said the tractor-trailer changed from lane number 1 to 2, but when moving over, the vehicle crashed into the back of the Versa.

THP said the driver, 50-year-old Robert Mckenzie, and passenger, 22-year-old Charlie Mckenzie, both of Nashville, died due to injuries suffered in the crash. The driver of the tractor-trailer did not suffer any serious injuries.

Tennessee Highway Patrol is investigating the crash along with the Critical Incident Response Team.

OP
OP
Bike
2004 ST1300 ABS
I live in Nashville (Dickson is about 40 miles west on I40) - this is all I can find -

DICKSON, TN (WSMV) – The Tennessee Highway Patrol have identified the two people killed in a crash on Interstate 40 in Dickson County on Monday morning.

A tractor-trailer was westbound on I-40 at the 178-mile marker when THP said a 2018 Nissan Versa slowed “due to heavy/slowed traffic" around 9:30 a.m. THP said the tractor-trailer changed from lane number 1 to 2, but when moving over, the vehicle crashed into the back of the Versa.

THP said the driver, 50-year-old Robert Mckenzie, and passenger, 22-year-old Charlie Mckenzie, both of Nashville, died due to injuries suffered in the crash. The driver of the tractor-trailer did not suffer any serious injuries.

Tennessee Highway Patrol is investigating the crash along with the Critical Incident Response Team.
Thanks for the update. He was an Anglican priest from Nashville and Charlie (his daughter) was heading towards St John’s College in San Fe New Mexico.
Heading for a wedding in Knoxville this weekend and unfortunately a funeral in Nashville after that.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
The article that @Uncle Phil quoted states that the tractor-trailer crashed in to the back of the Versa- WSMV News 4.
Whereas both the Tennessean and WKRN report that the Versa crashed in to the back of the tractor-trailer.

I don't know which report is correct. I just thought that I would want to know the truth if this were people whom I knew, and that you may as well.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Thanks for the update. He was an Anglican priest from Nashville and Charlie (his daughter) was heading towards St John’s College in San Fe New Mexico.
Heading for a wedding in Knoxville this weekend and unfortunately a funeral in Nashville after that.
Sorry to hear that. These days you just never know what can happen in a moment's notice.

Bike
2012 honda ST1300
STOC #
Sorry to hear about your friend. I-40 is a race track on most days. If the wreck happen where 840 merges with I-40 it is always a bottle neck usually not because of the traffic but because you loose the out side lane of I-40. So if you are not paying attention you may run out of road and need to merge back to the right. I think they thought there would be more traffic on 840 than 40 since it was meant to be a bypass or a loop around the south side of Nashville but there is still more traffic on 40. That is one of the places that the TN. State Trooper hang out and give out awards for speeding.

Top Bottom