Looking for someone with the MC Cruise Bluetooth module

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
I am looking for a fellow STOC'er that has the bluetooth module for their MC Cruise Cruise control.

The sole issue I have with my unit is the color of the LED on the control unit when the cruise control is engaged. It's supposed to glow red when powered on and change to yellow/amber when the cruise is engaged. Unfortunately the amber mode is nearly indistinguishable from the red power on mode.

I asked Tony Guymer, director of MC Cruise about this and he said:

"Also if you have a Bluetooth module you could download the new pulse width modulation firmware version which addresses the issue the Chinese manufacturers of our switch delivered with too bright a RED LED! The samples were perfect, but the production run has resistors or LEDs that are different and we agree it is hard to see Amber!"

I was hoping a kind soul might either loan me their bluetooth module long enough for me to update my firmware per Tony's message... or, let me send you my control unit and have you do it for me. I don't know for sure, but I think the terminals for the BT module get inserted into currently empty positions in its multipin connector and I would understand that you wouldn't want to extract those terminals for my sake.

I'd just like to fix the color of the LED.

Thanks!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
"Also if you have a Bluetooth module you could download..."
A don't have a CC but am curious MC Cruise. Is there something before the "Also" that addresses your red/amber issue or does is reducing the brightness of the red LED meant to do that.

OP
OP
STRider

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
I don't think there's anything before the 'Also' related to the LED color. That was where he mentioned that it was possible to modify the SET/ACC, RES/DEC button assignments to SET/DEC, RES/ACC to match what my other Honda cars have.

The LED on the switchpod is multicolor (possibly RGB?) and their firmware was written based on pre-production samples that apparently differed from those they shipped. If you're planning to buy, a quick question to them asking if this is addressed on currently shipping examples would be a good idea.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
It seems to me that they screwed up. Whether it was their screw-up or one of their supplier's is irrelevant, it is their screw-up. It also seems to me that it is their responsibility to fix it for you.
(Part of my perfect world wishful thinking.)

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
It seems to me that they screwed up. Whether it was their screw-up or one of their supplier's is irrelevant, it is their screw-up. It also seems to me that it is their responsibility to fix it for you.
I'm sure if he wanted to box it up and ship it back to Australia, they would be happy to fix it.
One of my MCCruise modules can use the new electronic actuator but the firmware has to be modified.
They gave me the option to ship it back or deal with it using a smartphone.
As long as my vacuum one works I'll leave it alone - but it is nice to know I have options.

OP
OP
STRider

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
I couldn't agree more.

I'm sure if he wanted to box it up and ship it back to Australia, they would be happy to fix it.
One of my MCCruise modules can use the new electronic actuator but the firmware has to be modified.
They gave me the option to ship it back or deal with it using a smartphone.
As long as my vacuum one works I'll leave it alone - but it is nice to know I have options.
UP, in their offer were they going to pay shipping both ways? If I could get them to do that I'd be happy. I just hadn't bothered to ask yet.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
UP, in their offer were they going to pay shipping both ways? If I could get them to do that I'd be happy. I just hadn't bothered to ask yet.
The subject did not come up in my case as I didn't pursue it.
But in my case it was an 'upgrade' if I wanted it so I presume I would pay shipping both ways.
You can contact Frank or Tony and get an answer.
Also, you would need to know if they need the whole unit or just the brain shipped to them to fix it.
If it's just the brain, probably not much postage involved but a lot of time to get there and back.

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
Ah, but they work - which is the most important thing! :biggrin:
Since you're familiar with them (and I'm picking up the '96 with one which doesn't work (and the bike starts poorly cold, which may be related)), can you please tell me where to look on the bike for the place in the intake system where the vacuum source is obtained?

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Since you're familiar with them (and I'm picking up the '96 with one which doesn't work (and the bike starts poorly cold, which may be related)), can you please tell me where to look on the bike for the place in the intake system where the vacuum source is obtained?
MCCruise puts a tee in the fuel cutoff one coming off by the right rear carb but they put a filter in line so no 'junk' gets in the acuator -
Actuator Vacuum Connection.jpg

But the original 'installer' may have chosen a different location.

Top Bottom