Looking for Suggestions for Heated Grips

I am thinking of adding heated grips to my ST1300 (2004). Does anyone have any suggestions on make and model of good heated grips that won't break the bank. Also, I heated grips come in different sizes (i.e., diameter and length), can anyone give me the right size to get?

Any tips on wiring?

Thanks!

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
I have Oxfords. on mine. Work well and are easy to install power wise. Just hookup the + and - to the battery. If you forget to turn them off they intelligently turn off if the battery drops below a set threshold.

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
I also had Oxfords on mine. Worked great, very reasonably piced and easy to install

Bike
2010 ST1300
Oxfords come in 3 lengths. Measure your grips and go to the tech specs in the Oxford description. They can be trimmed, IIRC about 1/4 - 3/8"- but don't hold me to that. I forget which one fits ST's. Yours has been an often asked question. You can get more information and recommendations by doing a search (top right in the blue band atop this page) for 'heated grips' and 'Oxford heated grips'. You can also go to Forums>ST Forums>Technical>Heated Accessories. That's where most of these threads on heated grips hide - a quick look showed several such on the first page. Your post snuck in to Handlebars and Foot pegs...l've not seen heated pegs yet. :biggrin:

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Measure your grips, my guess is 130mm..... I used Oxfords, but they may overheat if covered with grip puppies..... don't run them on full high in that case. For a cleaner install, get Koso Apollo with the controller in the left grip. They are just a smidgen not as hot as Oxfords and plenty good.

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
+1 for the Koso Apollo grips

I notice that Oxford has introduced a Pro line which integrates the temperature control into the left grip the same way the Koso grips work.

One possible advantage of the Oxfords is they sell each grip individually, so in the event of a failure or crash damage, you can replace just he damaged grip without buying a whole new set.

Unfortunately, their cost is significantly greater than the Koso at £199 ($250 USD) on their website vs. $130 USD for the Koso on Amazon US.

Then again, Amazon is now awash with cheap heated grips with integrated grip/controller in the neighborhood of $30 USD or less. Maybe dip your toe in the heated grip waters for cheap and see how it goes?

I wired my Koso grips into the OEM wiring harness of my 1300 using the quartet harness and some compatible connectors. Super clean and sanitary.

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
I have a brand new set of Oxfords for sale on the site. Just sayin.

Greg

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
These don’t break the bank and in my opinion work better than the Oxford heated grips I have installed on my ST1100.
I purchased these for my VStrom
I got them from AliExpress, took 10 days to get to me. $20
They go over top of your existing grips. The bonus is the heating element is directly under your glove, you don’t loose heat to the metal bar or throttle tube. There are three heat settings. Wiring is simple. The heated elements are hook and loop, are easily installed over your grips when needed. Remove them and stash them in a fairing pocket when not needed.

Attachments

Top Bottom