Lost a good friend today...

Bike
ST 1300
I just got this email from the son of Bill Thomlison about his passing. If any of you knew Bill, you knew he was a great guy. Below is a copy of the email and my response to his son:

Hello,

My name is James Thomlison and if you are receiving this email it means that my father, Bill Thomlison, had you in his email contact list. This is a ?contact list? mass email, and therefore some of you may be in there twice or under different addresses. So if you receive this more than once, are family/friends who are already aware of the situation, or have no idea who Bill Thomlison is, then I do apologize for the email.

Unfortunately my father Bill passed away last night. For those of you who do not know, he has been battling cancer for the last five years and Monday evening he succumbed to this horrible disease. He was not in any pain, was comfortable and was surrounded by family when he passed. In case anyone would like the information, the family will have a viewing Wednesday (11/4) between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. A service will also be held on Thursday (11/5) at 1 p.m.; following this, he will be cremated and taken to Arlington National Cemetery for burial with military honors. The viewing and service will be at the following:

Watkins Brothers Funeral Home

501 N Saginaw St.

Durand, MI 48429

989-288-3106

If you would like to attend, anyone my father knew is more than welcome in our eyes.

This email will likely not be checked very much ? if at all ? so please direct any and all correspondence (be it a question, a comment, a thought, a story ? anything) regarding this issue to my own email at jamesthomlison1980@yahoo.com .

Again I apologize if this email was not directed or intended for you. If you did know my father then your support, thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated by myself and our entire family.

Thank you,

James Thomlison

James,

I can't express in words how sorry I am to hear this. Though I only met your father in 2006 at the Honda Hoot. He and I spoke several other times via email or phone. I had hoped that we would meet up again someday out on the road. I really enjoyed spending that day riding with him and talking to him. Again, please accept my sincerest condolences to you and your family and know that I and my family will be keeping all of you in our prayers. Bill was a good man and friend, and I will miss him.

Regards,
Jay H.

FYI: Here are the pictures from that day. I am the guy on the silver 2003 ST in the red jacket. Bill and I had lunch together and road some great roads that day.
http://pics.midsouth-mr2.com/listpics.asp?dir=Jay_and_Jennifer\Motorcycle\Honda+Hoot+2006

Goodbye my friend. You will be missed. :cry:

Bike
None
STOC #
Unbelievable!:(

Bygdawg, you have my condolences and prayers to you and his family! These are the toughest of times and remind us that we are all mortal.

God speed Bill!:pray1:

(My rear pegs are down if you'd like to take a spin...)

Top Bottom