Love my BT 021's

STOC #
I have put just over 1000 miles on my new Bridgestone 021's with the last 200 in the pouring rain. I am able to confidently do the twisties around here in the 20-30 mph indicated over the posted corner speed in the dry and yesterday was still very confident at 20 over in the wet. No signs of unusual wear at this point. SO much better thatn OEM Dunlops.

TMUS

MSF Instructor 32 years
Bike
2006 ST1300a(Marvin)
STOC #
I have put just over 1000 miles on my new Bridgestone 021's with the last 200 in the pouring rain. I am able to confidently do the twisties around here in the 20-30 mph indicated over the posted corner speed in the dry and yesterday was still very confident at 20 over in the wet. No signs of unusual wear at this point. SO much better thatn OEM Dunlops.
Thanks, just a nother reason I'm going to them, hope my stock BT 020's make it, 3/32 still left at 7200 miles, no big trips planed, starting to baby them to make it thru the season, oh what the hell it's only money, not as important as safety. Will run till tread bars show then change.:money1:

Thanks for the report. I have just at 10k mi on mi stock 020's, and still have good tread front and rear. Don't know if my conservative riding tendancies contribute to the tread life or not.

I already have put in the order for the 021's, as I'm heading out for a 4000 mi loop back east in Sep, and I want fresh meat for the long ride.

Hope I like 'em as much as you!

DAS

STOC #
Last sunday my tires (not 021s) broke loose on me at about 40 (posted advisory was 30) on a right hander on wet pavement and then I drifted about 2 or 3 ft over the double yellow. Oncoming was out there a ways so no harm no foul except serious note to self: 1) ride for the conditions and don’t do that, and 2) get better rubber. Actually I thought that I had adequately corrected for that corner because I should have been able to do it at 55 or 60 in dry weather and so I set up for a little faster than I had been running previous corners but I found the boogyman. I'm thinking the next set will be Avon Storms or BT021s.

alf04st

Aubert
STOC #
Bridgstone says they are, but they do not have the factory "F" rating. They are made with a different compound makeup to be longer wearing in the center and better grip.

Gug

Bike
18' Goldwing Tour
Does anyone out there have over 10K on a set of the 021's? I know its a new tire but some of you really do ride a bit.

I have been getting about 14K on the 020"s and none have been to the wear bars. But again I don't ride hard at all. Usually get somewhere btw 44-49 mpg if that tells you anything.

How about some more feedback!!!

i got about 9000km on my bt021 and i have noticed less wear than the bt020 i had before ,the wear is happening more on the sides than the middle ,supposedly the compound is harder in the middle,i hope they last me longer than the stock020 they certainly look like they will...lots of threads left still and im not much of a hard rider.i get average about 56mpg canadian sometimes 60mpg if i stay at speed limit which is only when i cruise with the harleys <slow but sure...sorry ...slow but not so sure>

timmybob4

06 ST1300a
Bike
ST1300A
STOC #
My front 021 has about 4,000 miles on it and is about 1/16" from the wear indicators. It looks as if I won't get near the 9,200 miles I got out of the front OEM 020.

Jury is still out on the 021 rear. I replaced it with another 021 at 4,000 miles due to a nail. It was not as worn as the front 021 at the time.

I keep the tires at 42psi. I haven't moved, so the type of roads is the same for the 020's as for the 021's. No bike mod changes during either set of tires. I don't carry a passenger

At this point it looks as if I will try one of the below next.
Avon Storms
Michelin Pilot Road 2
Conti Road Attack

im mostly 2 riders on the bike so i run 45psi ,contact patch might be a tad smaller<hence less scrub for tire wear i think > but less traction , but im not an agressive driver,plus in the fall here temps are low at about 5degree celsius till about 10 am goes up to 15 to 20,i travel to work early in the morning so pressure might be around 42 then back up when it warms up...i think here in canada with cooler temps the tires dont wear as fast as the rubber is harder probably less traction too .

Last edited:
im mostly riding 2 up so i keep pressure at around 45 psi,ive noticed now that the tires are worn a bit that i get a humming sound when i lean but going straight is quiet ?! bearings are in good shape...

ST Dan

2 summers 50k+ miles 48 states
Bike
14 NC700X
STOC #
I really liked the 21's for their stickiness, but I only got 8200 miles out of them...front was toast, rear had a 1/32 left to the bar. the sad thing is I then put a set of 020's on...after 6200 miles it only has 2/32 left...I'm averaging 1033miles/32 with the rear. front is averaging 3100 miles/32.

I've got another set of 020's waiting in the wings...after that I think I'll try the PR2's and see what happens.....

STOC #
I replaced my OEM 020's in June '07 with 021's... I've been about 7500 miles on them. I love the way they handle, but the front is almost shot. I've got a new one in the shop ready to go on. If it doesn't get better mileage than the one I'm riding now I'll be hunting another option. The back is holding up real well but the front is to the wear bars on the sides... Middle still looks new. One trip to the Grand Canyon and two trips to Deal's Gap (plus every day rides) is all I'll get out of the front... I can't use a tire that wears out faster on the front than the rear... Steve

STOC #
I am sure I have read somewhere that the 021's have not as yet been passed for use on the ST1300 so be careful

Something to do with the strength of the sidewalls

I seem to remember when the O2O's came out it was a few months before they brought out a version suitable for the ST

Peter

TMUS

MSF Instructor 32 years
Bike
2006 ST1300a(Marvin)
STOC #
I am sure I have read somewhere that the 021's have not as yet been passed for use on the ST1300 so be careful

Something to do with the strength of the sidewalls

I seem to remember when the O2O's came out it was a few months before they brought out a version suitable for the ST

Peter

Peter
Both BT021's front and rear meet the load requirerments 59W front and
72W rear, good enough for me, pair waiting out in the shop. :bigpop:

Bike
2008 VStrom 650
Peter
Both BT021's front and rear meet the load requirerments 59W front and
72W rear, good enough for me, pair waiting out in the shop. :bigpop:
You won't be disappointed, as the 021's stick better wet and dry.... the only trade-off is that they wear a little faster than the 020's which is expected. I'm on my 2nd rear 021 and the front is still holding out well with about 6k on it. I changed out the rear a little early at 5k due to a long trip coming up and it still has about 1k left on it so I will save it for a spare.

BlaSTr

Miami ST
STOC #
I've got about 6000 on my 021s and like them better than the 020s and many of the others. As for the rating, I remember a discussion where Bridgestone said the 021s are OK for the ST.

Living in South Florida, we get lots of heavy rain and they have always performed very well. I don't push them in heavy rain but have not felt any lack of traction or performance.

Doug

Which tires are Loud? ...please help me avoid them.

...planning on going to BT 021 from my stock BT 020's
still with life at 10K

Top Bottom