Love my BT 021's

Bike
BMW RT, DRZ400
STOC #
That's just nasty looking. Greg's was similar, and when I rode his bike I noticed that it not only deteriorated the handling, but it seemed to behave differently at different times, probably according to the road surface.

I will be very interested to see if people have similar experiences with the new Pilot Road2 tires. Meaning I wonder (only a little bit but still wonder) if this is how dual compound tires in general are going to wear on the street, or if it's just a Bridgestone thing. I've never liked the Bridgestone tires I've run (other models), but they werent terrible. 021s appear to be just a mess if you have turns and coarse pavement in your running area.

STOC #
Here's Al Barclay's e-mail addy: dabarc@telus.net

The tire pics were of his tires. Being Canadian, he said he gets a bettre deal buying a bunch of tires at once. He said he bought 8 sets (IIRC) of 021s. You saw the photo of his first set. He was forced by desparation to mount set #2. So, he still has some left...brand new. He might make you a good deal! ;)

Ray

I have seen that picture before, and it is weird. I always thought that the softer and harder parts of dual compund tyres were not that much different, but that picture points to quite different compunds or some problem with the carcass design. It did not even go that far compared to a single compound tyre like the Z6.

STill STylin

Red is ALWAYS faSTer
Bike
2005 ST1300A
STOC #
I've got almoST 8000 miles on my BT021's which replaced the OEM BT020's. Have always run with 41psi front and 41psi rear on the BT020's and now with the BT021's.

I'm juST under 200 lbs, love the "technical twiSTies" and really enjoy grabbing a handful of throttle on the freeway.

My experience with the BT021's thus far has been enjoyable. Not showing any excessive wear at side-tread or center. Tires are wearing rather evenly. Tire compound provides good road "feel" and road dynamic - superior to the BT020's.

At my T.C.R. (tire consumption rate) I'm projecting 12000 - 14000 miles for this set. Not bad, and a compliment to the manufacturer.

Not able to relate to any of the less than positive experiences and comments.

JuST my $ .02

Last edited:
STOC #
At my T.C.R. (tire consumption rate) I'm projecting 12000 - 14000 miles for this set. Not bad, and a compliment to the manufacturer.

Not able to relate to any of the less than positive experiences and comments.

JuST my $ .02
That's great Elliot! BTW, you are the very first person I've heard say that about the 021s. (are you sure they are 021s??? :D )

Seriously, you must have the perfect riding style the tire was designed for. If it works for you.....

Me, I loved the 020s. Loved them so much I just got another set! Of course, they cost me $13,000. Yeah, but there was a bike attached to them :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ray

Top Bottom