Lowering an ST1100.

Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
It has not been mentioned yet that you could also try with the rear schock adjustment.
It has five adjusting notch. It is made to compress the spring more or less, to make it more stiff or soft.
Your standard toolset that come with the ST has a special wrench to adjust it. See more details in your owner's manual.

It cost nothing to try it. I believe you could gain a little something, about an inch, between "1" and "5" position.

20220408_151929.jpg

Last edited:

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Thankyou for your reply. My dad and I and another friend took a motorcycle trip from Michigan to the Cap back in 1983. My dad was 72 at the time and he got to ride on some of the roads he road on as a young man on his 4 Cyl Henderson. It was a fantastic Trip. Regards, Dave
I feel ya. I went 40 yrs without a ride and bought my Red. Had to learn how to ride all over again on the biggest bike I had ever ridden. Now? threee tours under my belt and another one coming. I rode the Mackinaw last fall and, of course, the right lane ws closed. /almost pissed myself!Sorry I can't help you more on the height thing. I love what the boots I bought did, and I bought a corbin, which was a bit wider and a bit lower. Check the for sales here.

Pop-Pop

• Thread watched
Shipping out of boston!

OP
OP
david schwind
I feel ya. I went 40 yrs without a ride and bought my Red. Had to learn how to ride all over again on the biggest bike I had ever ridden. Now? threee tours under my belt and another one coming. I rode the Mackinaw last fall and, of course, the right lane ws closed. /almost pissed myself!Sorry I can't help you more on the height thing. I love what the boots I bought did, and I bought a corbin, which was a bit wider and a bit lower. Check the for sales here.

Pop-Pop

• Thread watched
Shipping out of boston!
Thanks for the reply. I have rode across the Mackinaw bridge on my ride to Lake superior and that steel grating gives you some uneasy side to side sensations.

Thankyou for your reply. where would you recommend I purchase a shorter shock?
I am unsure, you may need to measure the factory length and buy an aftermarket that is an inch shorter and same eye hole size. Possible an atv shock. Dont buy a cheap chinese one.

Top Bottom