MajorTom four weeks on

RocketMan

so many roads...
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
I know a lot of people here are wondering how Barry is doing and there is finally something new and good to report.

Just two days shy of 4 weeks since Barry's collision.

A number of people have been in to see him in the hospital but he has either been sedated or sleeping.

He's opened his eyes a couple times when I was in there once and raised his hand for a fist bump once as well.

This afternoon Kate sent me a short video of him responding to her. Blinking his eyes in response to her questions. Trying to smile. Slight movement like trying to nod his head.

He's still a mess (unbelievable how many tubes there are going in and out of him) but at least there are finally some hopeful signs.

I'll post more when there is more. For now Kate and all of Barry's family and friends appreciate the many people who are keeping them and Barry in their thoughts.

Bruce

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Thank you for the update, I was just thinking of him moments ago before I read this post.
You and his family keep him strong, and we'll keep praying for him and his family.

fnmag

R.I.P. - 2020
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300/Burgmn400
Excellent news Bruce. Thanks for the update.
Slow going but progress of any sort is good.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Something to hold to and build on, to pray to continue.

sky.high

Site Supporter
Bike
The Honda of the day
STOC #
Hi Bruce, that really is encouraging news, so glad to hear Barry is recovering

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
I only just found this thread and I'm very glad to know that Barry has made progress and is responding; I've been thinking of him a lot. I'm hoping he's doing even better a week after Bruce's update. Still holding Barry and Kate and their family in my thoughts; may the healing continue!

Patty

OP
OP
RocketMan

RocketMan

so many roads...
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
At 12:07 this afternoon Kate sent me a video.
Transcript:

Kate - Hello
Barry - Hello everyone. Sorry to hear I missed ya. <garbled> Hope to see you soon. Take care of yourselves. Did pretty good didn't I?
Kate - any more?
Barry - take care everyone
Kate - say bye
Barry - say bye

I was in and spent an hour with Kate and Barry just now and he was coherent but understandably still sleepy. We talked quite a bit. A few forgetful moments understandable. He said he had no idea he has been out for five weeks.
Huge progress!

Top Bottom