MC Cruise - Holy Expensive Batman!

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
After installing the Rostra with the GoldWing switch and having it for a while, I would gladly pay $1K for it if it were the only option. If you're not putting in lots of highway miles then it wouldn't be worth it.
It will also save you a ticket by controlling your speed on the highway. Throttle locks are obsolete once you have an electronic cruise.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
I have the MC on STick and the Audiovox on lipSTick. Bought my MC years ago (95) for ~$300. Far as I know, the unit has changed very little. Works as advertised. The cable combiner thingy is a PITA when trying to put the fake tank back on (ST1100). Don't know how they did for the 1300. Mine is a near original unit, the vacuum and 'puter are two pieces,,, newest ones are all combined in the servo (just like the Audivox).

The Audiovox CCS100 is virtually the same unit but ya gotta finagle yur own "cable combiner." The options are endless, I've installed several using various connection methods. On lipSTick, I add the lever on the bell crank and fastened the cable anchoring point to the air filter housing with self-tapping screws. Far as I know, that's unique.

Functionally, both work the same. On my MC, the cable pulled out of the servo diaphragm after about 100,000 miles. I was able to dismantle and fix it. On the Audiovox, I've had recurring problems with the (not waterproof) switch unit. Also had (have?) a problem with the power wire at the connector on the servo. It's intermittent and has left me CCless a couple times but it's working fine right now.

If I was gonna do one today, I'd get the Rosta all-electric. Smaller and easier to "stash".

Audiovox, $15 to $115 depending, and some finagling.
MC, $1000+ but a quality unit and they've done the finagling for ya.
Rosta, $350 to 400ish, more finagling than the Audivox but it's been sorted by our fine crew scientiSTs at ST-Owners R&D. :D

Ya buys yur ticket and ya takes yur chances.

Last edited:
Bike
'07 ST 1300 & '91 GW
STOC #
I bought a Dakota Digital CC and in the process of installing it on a '07 ST1300. It is the electronic servo type , it may be the same unit as the other non-vacuum units I'm seeing glimpses of from others on the forum. I made a another , larger cable drum ( 41 mm pull) next to the stock throttle cable drum ( about 30mm pull) , using the same nut on the throttle shaft.
For the vehicle speed sensor , I made an aluminum disk with 8 magnets on the rear wheel axle , using the magnetic pickup sensor, I didn't want to tap into the bike's VSS electronics for the road speed sensing because I didn't want to chance screwing up the ST 's electronics , making it less reliable perhaps. I did tap into the left coil for the engine speed sensing, hopefully that won't overload that circuit. I don't know yet if any of this will be working yet because I have a bunch of other work to do , putting on some other accessories this winter and the bike will be trapped in the basement by the winter weather.
Has anybody else used the Dakota Digital Unit?

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
I have a MC unit and love it but I also have a throttlemeister Throttle lock.. I use them both and use the MC unit on long stretches of highway. But use the throttle lock a lot on back roads.. Both work and I like having a choice.

Top Bottom