MC Cruise Price increase coming Oct 1, 2021!

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Again, if you're sitting on the fence, here's another incentive.

1631923282911.png

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Is that to pay your royalty fee....???? For all the advertising you've done...!????! Ha!
T

Last edited:

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
I have one of these MC Cruise cruise controls installed on my ST 1300.

It is a superb cruise control, works very well and holds the speed very well (uphill or downhill). It's not cheap, that is for sure, but I think it is worth the price.

Michael

OP
OP
STRider

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
If my short time with one is an indication you too should be quite pleased and it will make your long trips much more relaxing and enjoyable.

OP
OP
STRider

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Holy cow! They are expensive!
True. For those in North America the charge to my credit card pre-price increase and without any discount was $945.91 USD. So it isn't as harsh as the AUD price would make it appear.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
For those in North America the charge to my credit card pre-price increase and without any discount was $945.91 USD
Still that's not a bad price for something that may give a rider a lot of ROI and installs without much if any agita. As there are fewer and fewer STs on the road it doesn't surprise me the CC prices go up. And after awhile the price paid is no longer a consideration.

OP
OP
STRider

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Still that's not a bad price for something that may give a rider a lot of ROI and installs without much if any agita. As there are fewer and fewer STs on the road it doesn't surprise me the CC prices go up. And after awhile the price paid is no longer a consideration.
I understand what you mean, but in actuality MC Cruise uses the same basic components for a wide variety of motorcycles, ATVs, and agricultural equipment. Their story on their website is an interesting read. They built what in my business we'd call a platform, and that platform is readily adapted to a wide variety of vehicles. Most of the components are identical with the exception of the bike specific wiring harness, brackets, lengths of cables and the bike specific software on the computer. So I don't think their pricing is impacted by the number of STs on the road, but it also means their long term business viability and ability to support our purchases isn't dependent on a regular revenue stream from ST owners.

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
Not the same as McCruise. In my mind worth spending the $$
Agreed that it's not the same, but I'd rather pay myself than the company to adapt it to the bike.

The one I put on my Nighthawk 750 cost me around $300 in total, and works as well as a car CC.

Top Bottom