Highway Blades - Full Kits! 1100/1300/1300P

slipclutchms

Vendor
Update Alert!

Still working thru some website improvements but it is time to let it fly! If you navigate to the top of the page over the products drop down, you will see a section for the ST :)

I have several 1100 and 1300 standards ready to ship and the 1300Ps should be ready by Wednesday!

https://TransAlpADV.com/

Please use code 'stowners' at checkout for 10% off your order !

Thanks everyone!
Best,
Dylan Spink

Hello Everyone!

Quick introduction - My name is Dylan Spink, I am a motorcycle and machine tool addict. I have long been designing and making parts, mostly for my own addiction to long distance motorcycling. I rode an ST in a Butt Lite Rally, and rode the 17 and 19 IBRs on old Hondas. Professionally I am a Mechanical and Manufacturing Automation Engineer in the med device industry.

Currently I run my Engineering / CNC shop nights and weekends. I plan to offer a small catalog of awesome parts, and the first thing hot off the mill are these replacement MCL wings!

I reverse engineered a GEN 1 version, and suspect these will also fit GEN 2 mounts. I have a set off to a friend to confirm fitment and will update this post once I know for sure.

Any questions please don't hesitate to reach out - email is quickest but certainly will be checking back here as well. I welcome any feedback or ideas / suggestions for other parts as well!

Best,
Dylan Spink

Attachments

Last edited:

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Nice!
Although I've never had these or even seen them in person, I understand they were quite popular.
On long rides, I know the benefits of being able to stretch your legs and adjust body position.

Ryan_B

Site Supporter
Bike
2016 Honda ST1300PA
They certainly are awesome - pending enough interest I would be willing to offer the mounts as well.

Best,
Dylan
You beat me to it, I was just typing the question. I would be interested in a complete kit with bracket mounts if they were available.

Thanks,
Ryan

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
Any plans for the 1100 version? (complete)

I saw lots of interest in lowering brackets?

Last edited:

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I have a set of Gen I & Gen II, that are not mounted, I'll try to take a picture of the mounts.

Josh_ST

I love my 2 wheeled therapy machine!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 Honda ST1300
2024 Miles
I would be interested in a footpeg lowering kit for the ST1300 if you were ever to produce them.

Bike
St1300PA
You beat me to it, I was just typing the question. I would be interested in a complete kit with bracket mounts if they were available.

Thanks,
Ryan
They certainly are awesome - pending enough interest I would be willing to offer the mounts as well.

Best,
Dylan
With out the mounting brackets they wouldn’t help much , if and when you could offer a complete set ,I’m in

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Comparing the Gen I & Gen II

MCLHiWayWings-diff.jpg

ONLY the mounts are different.
Does the Gen II just have a longer mounting bracket?
i.e. Do they mount the same way in the same location with a longer bracket or do they mount in a different location as well?

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Does the Gen II just have a longer mounting bracket?
i.e. Do they mount the same way in the same location with a longer bracket or do they mount in a different location as well?
They mount to the bike, the same way, it's just that the brackets are longer, where the wings mount.

OP
OP
slipclutchms

slipclutchms

Vendor
Any plans for the 1100 version? (complete)

I saw lots of interest in lowering brackets?
Hi Dean!
Certainly open to engineering a set for the 1100 - had larry offered an 1100 version? If so and anyone has a set they would be willing to send my way for review - happy to work out details and reimbursement!

I would need the mounts as well.
More interest than I had anticipated for the mounts as well! I have started a waiting list and plan to start design this week on the mounts.

I would be interested in a footpeg lowering kit for the ST1300 if you were ever to produce them.
Also have started a waiting list for footpeg lowering brackets as well - question to the group, how much drop? Certainly could offer several versions (mimicking the MCL design) One other thought was to remake the entire footpeg mount plate. Not sure this would be economically feasible but would be by far the most elegant design.

With out the mounting brackets they wouldn’t help much , if and when you could offer a complete set ,I’m in
Got it ! Marked on the list, thank you!

(Edit - reviewed this thread again and see you have a "P" version - see below follow up post to Ryan - I will mark you down for the P variation :) )

Thanks everyone!

Talk soon,
Dylan

Last edited:
OP
OP
slipclutchms

slipclutchms

Vendor
Oh... I was not aware that our crash bars were different! I guess a mount wouldn't do me any good either. :(
Thank you,
Ryan
Ryan - I am going to work on finding an ST-P crashbar so I can make a mount that will be compatible. If anyone has one (just the Bar) I would be interested in buying it ! I am heading to the honda parts fiche right now to see if they are still available new haha. Stay tuned!

Dylan

Top Bottom