OP
OP
Peppermint
Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Hey Patty,
I missed the post on the first look....
But WOW, what a well set up bike!!!
Have fun getting it broken in, and running around this summer.
I hope to see Scarlett some time soon.
Rich
Thanks, Rich! :) I can't wait to show Scarlett off! :D

Patty

Chance

Taming the dragon!
Bike
'07 ST1300
Congratulations! That's a very nice bike! It looks like it fits you pretty well.;)

OP
OP
Peppermint
Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Congratulations! That's a very nice bike! It looks like it fits you pretty well.;)
Thanks Chance! :) It does fit me well, in fact! I love the riding position on it; not 90? upright like on the cruiser, a little more forward like an ST but not
hunched over the tank like a sport bike. Very comfortable. And although it's only a few pounds lighter than the Vulcan, it feels like a feather because of the way the weight is distributed through the trellis frame (and length of the forks, etc.). I loved the Vulcan, but compared to the Gladius, it felt like a Sherman tank! This is so much more maneuverable! I'm going to have fun with it.

Patty

Bike
BMW RT, DRZ400
STOC #
Be a little bit gentle with the back brake and smooth on the clutch release while downshifting, on downhills when getting used to the bike. "Conscious" of what you are doing with rear traction while braking downhill would be more accurate. The V twin has a generous amount of engine braking effect, at least on the 2003 SV. It's not dangerous (unless you were hamfisted downhill on a poor traction surface), but it could possibly have a stronger off throttle slowing effect as you downshift than your other bike, so old downhill habits may or may not apply. It's something you'll get used to right away though. Figured it couldn't hurt to mention it.

OP
OP
Peppermint
Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Be a little bit gentle with the back brake and smooth on the clutch release while downshifting, on downhills when getting used to the bike. "Conscious" of what you are doing with rear traction while braking downhill would be more accurate. The V twin has a generous amount of engine braking effect, at least on the 2003 SV. It's not dangerous (unless you were hamfisted downhill on a poor traction surface), but it could possibly have a stronger off throttle slowing effect as you downshift than your other bike, so old downhill habits may or may not apply. It's something you'll get used to right away though. Figured it couldn't hurt to mention it.
Thank you, Carl. Your invaluable input is always welcome and much appreciated! :)

Fortunet 1

Fortunet1
Bike
06 ST 1300
:bow1: God bless your inagaural ride ! Get your physical conditioning ready..:sbike1::weights2::weights1: And anticipate a great riding year for yourself !

OP
OP
Peppermint
Bike
Suzuki Gladius
:bow1: God bless your inagaural ride ! Get your physical conditioning ready..:sbike1::weights2::weights1: And anticipate a great riding year for yourself !
Thank you, thank you! :) And yes, I'm gearing up to get into the gym and get my lower back/core/upper body strength back. I didn't ski this year, so I do have to get back in shape!

Just saw this. Congratulations Patty! nice ride.

Hope to see you at at least one event over the summer.
Thanks, Tony! Hope to see you and Joe too! :)

Patty

Top Bottom