Meet "Scarlett"

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Very nice, Patty!! I'm looking forward to seeing Miss Scarlett the Suzucati Moto Mint 650. Sweet motor. A little different ride than the Vulcan, but you're gonna do just fine, and I really think you'll like it for many miles to come.

OP
OP
Peppermint
Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Nice bike Patty!! Have fun wearing it out!!
Why thank you kindly, Mr. Cooper! I have a feeling Miss Scarlett'd turn some heads in Lubbock...

Very nice, Patty!! I'm looking forward to seeing Miss Scarlett the Suzucati Moto Mint 650. Sweet motor. A little different ride than the Vulcan, but you're gonna do just fine, and I really think you'll like it for many miles to come.
Different ride indeed! I believe the expression "You had me at hello" applies to how I felt about this bike immediately after the test ride!!
You'll have to take her for a spin and tell me what you think! :)

Bike
SuzukiBoulevard
Congratulations on your new ride Patty. I'm partial to the sweet retro look of my Boulevard, but your Scarlett is a real attention-getter.

I hope you have many, many happy kms riding down the road with her.

Bien fait! :clap2:

Abby

OP
OP
Peppermint
Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Congratulations on your new ride Patty. I'm partial to the sweet retro look of my Boulevard, but your Scarlett is a real attention-getter.

I hope you have many, many happy kms riding down the road with her.

Bien fait! :clap2:

Abby
Merci, Abby! I'll try to do her justice.
And I agree about your Boulevard - I love the lines of that bike too! :)

Gizmo

Dean
Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR
Oh never fear, Dean, I'll be down to harass you all one of these days! Maybe we can all go out for ice cream for breakfast!! :p:;)
:D :D
Icecream? For breakfast?!? I haven't done that...
...because it's just wrong - no, can't say that with a guilt-free conscience
...because that isn't part of the Canadian Food Guide - as if that has stopped me before! Have you seen my physique?!?
...ever - no, can't say that as there were too many witnesses
...frequently - I can get away with that
...since September - the most accurate word one yet
...since September 2010 - even more accurate

And it was really, really, REALLY good icecream! Might even be worth a trip back there someday:)

But don't worry, if you are in the area I know a superb icecream place not too far away.

Gizmo

Dean
Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR
How else can you have pie ? la mode?
A very good question! But in the particular case in question, it was a matter of icecream immediately following a breakfast of pancakes, bacon, and eggs. Perhaps there is a linguist who knows the proper term - English or French - for that particular combination?!?

Bike
May she RIP
A very good question! But in the particular case in question, it was a matter of icecream immediately following a breakfast of pancakes, bacon, and eggs. Perhaps there is a linguist who knows the proper term - English or French - for that particular combination?!?
LOL. In Brooklyn, we call that agita.

jp

OP
OP
Peppermint
Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Hmmm. I'm not sure what the proper word for it would be in English (other than heart-attack-on-a-plate) or French (quoi?? Pas de poutine avec ?a??), but I do believe it was originally made famous by the Roman emperor, Porcus Maximus!! :D

And it really was delicious ice cream..."pumpkin spice," wasn't it?

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Ambrosia, food of the gods.

This does raise some interesting questions:
Are the pancakes made with buttermilk and garnished with fresh berries? What grade is the maple syrup?
Is the bacon belly or back, and if back, peameal or plain?
Are the eggs scrambled, over easy, sunny side, poached, hard boiled...?
Is the pie spice pumpkin, apple, cherry, blueberry....?
Is the ice cream vanilla? Probably, but made with eggs or without?
When do we eat?

Gizmo

Dean
Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR
LOL. In Brooklyn, we call that agita.

jp
I had to look up that word but it made me smile when I did! Definitely appropriate.

Hmmm. I'm not sure what the proper word for it would be in English (other than heart-attack-on-a-plate) or French (quoi?? Pas de poutine avec ?a??), but I do believe it was originally made famous by the Roman emperor, Porcus Maximus!! :D

And it really was delicious ice cream..."pumpkin spice," wasn't it?
Porcus Maximus is one of my favourite guys! Don't think he had a chance in the gladiator ring but he enjoyed himself around the dinner table:)

And, for the record, pumpkin spice was the flavour. Of the first scoop! There was a decadent chocolate carmel crackle scoop that chased down that one...

Ambrosia, food of the gods.

This does raise some interesting questions:
Are the pancakes made with buttermilk and garnished with fresh berries? What grade is the maple syrup?
Is the bacon belly or back, and if back, peameal or plain?
Are the eggs scrambled, over easy, sunny side, poached, hard boiled...?
Is the pie spice pumpkin, apple, cherry, blueberry....?
Is the ice cream vanilla? Probably, but made with eggs or without?
When do we eat?
I did feel on top of the world as I was enjoying every single tasty calorie:)
And now to answer the interrogation:
The pancakes were hot, fluffy, and tasty. Don't recall if they were buttermilk. The syrop was definitely ungraded, and not on par with Quebec's finest nectar.
The bacon was crispy belly bacon (it's SO much healthier when it is crispy!)
The eggs were scrambled.
There was no pie, it was an icrecream flavour that was pumpkin spice.
And I can't answer the last question because I don't know when I'll be back to that fabulous dinner!

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
Congratulations! I can here the excitement in your voice! Nothing like a new toy and the anticipation it brings while waiting for that first date together.

I have a request. Can we get a picture of you in a Mountie hat and a bottle of your favorite scotch standing in front of your new ride? :yes:

OP
OP
Peppermint
Bike
Suzuki Gladius
I have a request. Can we get a picture of you in a Mountie hat and a bottle of your favorite scotch standing in front of your new ride?
LMAO!! Oh, now THAT would be precious!! And believe me I would if I could!! Alas, I have no Stetson to don...
I like the way you think though, Dinkie! :crackup

Byron

STOC #
Nice looking set of wheels. Looks like all that's left is figuring out where you what to go and the packing. :)

Rich R

GLMC-127 TS-671 IBA-37479
Bike
K1600 GTLE
STOC #
Hey Patty,
I missed the post on the first look....
But WOW, what a well set up bike!!!
Have fun getting it broken in, and running around this summer.
I hope to see Scarlett some time soon.
Rich

Top Bottom