Mellow's Summer Trip

Yeah, the turkeys just stood there, I could have brought one with me for dinner.. LOL

The sunset is on Beartooth Pass. Wasn't sure I had enough time to make it there and catch it but the timing was perfect... of course, that meant a dark ride through Red Lodge and to Greybull, WY. I should have stopped at the campground at Red Lodge but I figured there would be a forest campground further down the road. I went down a few roads to try stealth camping but they ended up being someone's long driveway... wasn't sure if it was Mellow Season yet so I got out of there.. LOL

Doing my laundry at the KOA... I hate KOAs but they sure are convenient.

Today I'll do 14, I think I did 14a yesterday as the locals were saying that was steeper and 'oh, you don't wanna go down that road' well, so I did... It wasn't that bad, it was a lot of 10% grades so very steep and the road wasn't in very good shape but a good ride none the less. After 14 today, it's pretty much a straight trek over to WiSTOC. Been a great last few days, having a blast.

Some great pic's Joe. I like the shadow one. The Big Horns are one of my favorite places. 14 is a cool road,just hope you done get stuck behind an RV.

Day 4 - Exactly 666 miles, how do ya like that George?

The morning started off great with 14 back over Burgess Jct. But then the long boring I-90, I think half of it is two lane construction.

The day ended up great add I stopped a Lake Vermillion Rec Area wow, very nice, tomorrow just 400 ish miles to WiSTOC.

Attachments

• IMG_0472.jpg
    IMG_0472.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0473.JPG
    IMG_0473.JPG
    384.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0474.JPG
    IMG_0474.JPG
    395.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0481.jpg
    IMG_0481.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0483.jpg
    IMG_0483.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0484.JPG
    IMG_0484.JPG
    471.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0486.JPG
    IMG_0486.JPG
    315.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0488.jpg
    IMG_0488.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 41
Joe,
Beware of Kevin's Apple Pie. It's been known to have strange effects on motorcycle riders.

Hope to see you Friday. Stay dry, warm and safe. Jim

The first set of photos from day four were SPECTACULAR and well worth framing ! Thanks for posting those Joe! Happy Trails and good vibes along each day to you !!

Very nice pictures, Joe. I've been following your SPOT tracks. You hit some really nice roads. I remember running several of those with Mike & George. Meeker CO was the famous trailer tire reversal project followed by running through a rainstorm.

Enjoy the ride--It's a great one.

Louie Again!. What camera is that? Where do you have your Spot, its tracking well. Enjoy and Regards.

Louis

Canon powershot d10.
Spot on left arm.
Now at wistoc.....

Made it to eureka sprinvs ar. Some challenging road in MO I've never been on. Will post later when I'm not so dizzy..lol

Top Bottom