Michelin PR2's

TMUS

MSF Instructor 32 years
Bike
2006 ST1300a(Marvin)
STOC #
I called Michelin today, took a while but talked to the MC division. I asked the time frame for the release of the PR2's, he said that they are saying now "sometime in the 4th quarter", had no more he could tell me. I have 8400 miles on the 020's not to wear bars yet, hope to make it to the end of riding season, no trips scheduled, but hate to have to worry about the condition of the tires. :banghead:

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
The guys at Motorace told me (in person) that PR2's were expected to be "on the ground" in the US in September and would go out to dealers as soon after as possible.

For anyone interested, Dave had a few sets of PR's left (six sets plus an extra rear were left when I got mine). Check eBay if you're interested.

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
2's have 2 different compounds. Harder in the center and softer on the sides.
Supposedly better stick and wear. Actually 3 different compounds are used if you consider the front and rear as a set.

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
Regarding your message:
Looking for US source of pilot road2.
The Michelin Pilot Road 2 tire will be available in very limited quantities in the U.S. beginning in September. The supply should improve in the spring of 2008.

If your questions have not been answered to your satisfaction, please call me at 1-800-847-3435 (toll-free) between 8:30AM and 6:00PM Eastern Time Monday through Friday.

Sincerely,
Michelin North America
Consumer Relations

Austin city limits

R.I.P. - 2010/11/19
Rest In Peace
East Central Illinois... 12 miles from Moonshine..
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS
Pricing is from SWMoto

For my BMW which happen to have the exact size tires front and back of a FJR,,, the Pilot Road "2" for a pair will cost me $300...

The Pirelli Diablo Stradas which so far have been the longest mileage tire I can find for this BMW will run me $ 240...

Are the Pilot Roads worth $60 more???

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Sorry Dave,

I needed a front tire desperately and motorace.com doesn't think enough of pilot roads to even list them on their site. Other sites list the tires and show them out of stock. The same message about being delivered to local dealers is up there and the same Michelin tire choices haven't changed like the site hasn't been updated for a month or more.

I sent 2 emails using the "contact us" address and still have received no reply. I'm sorry but I can't do business like that. I appreciate site supporters and try to give them business when possible but I can't ride on treadless tires.

I found an original Rear Pilot Road at motosport.com and I was able to find a new front Pilot Road2 at motorcyclesuperstore.com.

Rant Over!

Gordon

STOC #
They aren't the Pilot Road2 though Billy
I knew that :) I really did.

The PR2's will have to wait their turn. Price and availability is what made up my mind.

I'll be needing new rubber soon after next weekend and like to have the new rubber way before its needed.

Top Bottom