OP
OP
PanEuropean

PanEuropean

Micro Airstream Builder
Bike
2001 GL 1800
STOC #
Back again after 8.588.7 km in sixteen days.

Tarifa the southern corner of my trip with a view to Africa.

Cap Finisterre in Spain, the end of the Camino de Santiago, was the northwest corner.

All the inhabitants of the peninsula, I met, loved the caravan. Here the proof ! (shot in Gibraltar)

The Sweetwater farm of Jill McBain(Claudia Cardinale) from Sergio Leones 1968 Masterpiece "Once upon a time in the West" near Almeria was the southeast corner.
Behind that house shot Harmonica(Charles Bronson) the villain Frank(Henry Fonda)!

Tom

Attachments

Last edited:

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Love the monkey pearing in! :rofl1:

What a great job you did...was everyone asking where they could get one?

How soon before they go into production? ;)

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
That was quite a trip!!! You did it in style, for sure. Can you make me one out of stainless skin to match the corners? LOL How do you figure it weighed packed with your stuff? Does it ride smooth?

skipcurt

Skip
Bike
'18 BMW R1200 GSA
STOC #
That is totally awesome! What an excellent idea and job. You would be the envy of all at any STOC event. Good luck with it and happy travelling.

Skip

OP
OP
PanEuropean

PanEuropean

Micro Airstream Builder
Bike
2001 GL 1800
STOC #
That was quite a trip!!! You did it in style, for sure. Can you make me one out of stainless skin to match the corners? LOL How do you figure it weighed packed with your stuff? Does it ride smooth?
First thank you all !
I will built that for nobody other than myself, it is too much work, but to do it for me is okay !
I had no baggage inside beside some basic cloth and my sneakers, the matress and my sleeping bag.
Total weight was 150 kg including 10 kg ballast to bring more weight on the tongue.
It rides so smooth, I often forgot to tow a trailer.
I learned to accellerate slightly when I dive thru the bow wave of any truck I passed.
Downhill it is better to slow down below 100 km/h (65mls).
And I should remember the trailer and not accellerate too fast and never above 140 km/h!

I need some time to edit my 1100 pictures and choose 200 to 250 for my HP.

Tom

Last edited:
Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour
Okay, just finished looking at both the links you provided for your build. All I can say is WOW!
You Sir have some skills.
I was hoping to see some inside pics with it in use, maybe some of your 1100 pics will show that. I'll be watching.
Fantasitc job!

OP
OP
PanEuropean

PanEuropean

Micro Airstream Builder
Bike
2001 GL 1800
STOC #
Yeah - the ST is perfect for towing my little steel drum.
I have to mount the hitch to the blue bike.
It's eight years younger than the green one.

The 10 kg ballast I did replace with a adjustable support leg, filled with melted wheel balance weights.
Only 5 kg, but that's enough for a stable flight !

Tom

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I've been following this and never realized how small it is. So cool...
+1

You gave thorough specs but I just looked at all the amazing pictures! I was very impressed at the depth of the discussions with your forum-mates about the many construction details and the calculations made to build this micro-Airstream. I thought it was more of a mini-Airstream until I saw the pics.

Many many thanks for providing us links to your forum and for keeping us updated with this thread. That is truly an amazing project. I hope we can look forward to more pictures of mAir!

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Here are a few more up close pics of that beauty. Had the opportunity to talk to Tom and see this outstanding build in person on our recent 5 week vacation in Europe. Pictures just don't do this trailer justice!!

Tom, glad you got the blue one that we talked about. Get the hitch on it and get goin!!

Attachments

Bike
2004 st1300
Leisure lites are pretty large trailers for a motorcycle. I would pull one behind a vw bug but would think twice behind anything but a goldwing. Nicely built trailers though.

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Leisure lites are pretty large trailers for a motorcycle. I would pull one behind a vw bug but would think twice behind anything but a goldwing. Nicely built trailers though.
I have pulled my Lees-ure Lite many distances behind my 03 ST 1100P without any problems. I have recently gotten a 02 Gold Wing ABS and it does pull it much easier but was still satisfied with the ST performance.

Pic is the proof. In fact, if you get Road Runner you will see this very pic in the Feb issue at the back under Motoviews!

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom