Microphone test

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
Had issues with the microphone I was initially using on my Gopro Hero. It is a cheaper mic that I put a sock on, inside the chin guard,but the signal overload into the Gopro was causing popping and cracking, so I decided to try a Giant Squid with a different sock, mounted inside the chin guard on a Shoei X-14. Big difference, in a good way.

Just a short stint at various speeds, and the sound is 100% better than the previous mikes I have tried. So keeping this setup.

I don't know what set up Noraly is using but her audio is really good.

Just a short stint at various speeds, and the sound is 100% better than the previous mikes I have tried. So keeping this setup.
The sound is as near perfect as it needs to be, and I'm pretty critical of such things.
Which mic did you get? I saw a bunch, looking for Giant Squid.

I don't know what set up Noraly is using but her audio is really good.
Noraly always posts her gear setup with her videos, or at least it's easily found.
She lists her equipment that she uses in each season, on YouTube and I think on her blog page too.

The sound is as near perfect as it needs to be, and I'm pretty critical of such things.
Which mic did you get? I saw a bunch, looking for Giant Squid.

Giant Squid mic. I think I'll keep it. I don't really hear the popping / crackling as I did using a couple of other cheap lav mics.

Last edited:
I think you may have been speeding . Sound was good, nice balance between voice and the engine winding up through the gears.

Microphone sounds good, but I could hardly understand the chap speaking into it......LOL

BTW, Got to love the BMW Quick shift.

• Haha
Reactions: Tor
Microphone sounds good, but I could hardly understand the chap speaking into it......LOL

BTW, Got to love the BMW Quick shift.

The q-shift is going to be even quicker after the Brentune. Getting ready to pull the plug.

Back
Top Bottom