Mileage Goals for 2015

Bike
'99 ST1100
STOC #
As a fair weather recreational rider, my goal for this year is 4,000 miles on the 1100. I'm only at a paltry 600 presently.

Come on fair weather!!

4000 miles is my goal before May. I would really like 8500 by the end of October. I better get the wheels turning soon.

30k is always my goal but I've only bee able to hit that a couple of years... typically, between 15k and 20k is where I end up which is a fun year so I won't complain.

Are you guys all retired? How you get all that time to ride? If I have 5k this year (additionally 10k-12k of commuting to work) I'll be happy camper. :-(

I'll probably come in around 30K. But 95% of that will be commuting miles.

The good thing about putting miles on like this is that I keep my skills honed. Having to bust through traffic 5 days a week, usually 2.5 hours a day really does force me to stay sharp on the roads!

Years ago, before I started riding for "fun", all I did was commute and I used to not hate it, but I sure didn't want to ride much on the weekends.

I prefer to go on overnighters ( ride 500 to 1,000 miles) but I don't get too many of those in. Oh well, I have decided it is better to ride for my commutes, than not ride except on a weekend a month.

I'm shooting for 20K this year, got 12K the first year with new bike and almost that the second.

I hope to get in 10-15K this year. No, not retired, I just take a cross country trip each year so that adds the mile up in a very short time. The remainder is just running around on day trips. I have a work truck that I take home, so no commuting miles there. Also being able to ride year round also helps!!

I will be happy if I can get 12k-15k I want more but its hard to do I have about 8k planned so far not counting RTE and shorter stuff around here FLSTOC, Moonshine and NNESTOC are all certain and if I can squeeze in a couple of others i should hit my goal no problem. I will certainly hit 150k on the bike this spring probably by the end of Moonshine weekend.

Last year my goal was 20k and I made a hair over 27,000. This year I'm setting my goal at 15k and if I make 20 k that would be awesome. I'm almost at 3,000 in 2 nd week of March so off to a good start.

Yes, I'm retired. Last year was my first full year of retirement and I took a ride to Californis via 66 up PCH, over to Pikes Peak and Bonneville. Good ride.

This time last year I was probably at 300 lol

Last edited:
My goal is to have the free time to be able to ride. One year it was 8,000 and the next year it was 1,500. I'm torn between bike riding and bicycle riding. One is exciting and interesting and the other is exercise. In 7 years I only have 28,000 on the bike, which is less than many folks get to ride in a year. Working from home and being banned from riding while on business really reduces the miles. A bad habit I formed is to go out and ride long distances without really stopping to appreciate the trip, just to ride. I need to think the other way around... I envy those who can take 20 trips a year and attend multiple STOC events across the country. Get out every chance you can, live in the moment and ride safe!

BoSTon: I usually have close to 4000/year on the bicycle and a few hundred on the motorbike. This year my goals ate swapped due to some health issues. Maybe next year I can do 4k on each.

Just get out and enjoy the ride.

My goal is to have the free time to be able to ride. One year it was 8,000 and the next year it was 1,500. I'm torn between bike riding and bicycle riding. One is exciting and interesting and the other is exercise. In 7 years I only have 28,000 on the bike, which is less than many folks get to ride in a year. Working from home and being banned from riding while on business really reduces the miles. A bad habit I formed is to go out and ride long distances without really stopping to appreciate the trip, just to ride. I need to think the other way around... I envy those who can take 20 trips a year and attend multiple STOC events across the country. Get out every chance you can, live in the moment and ride safe!
My riding is freakishly similar, except 2 years ahead. Last 9 years my high is 7k and low is 2k, with an average of 4k. All of this done on a 95 Magna (750cc V4). At the beginning of this year I got the 04 ST1300, but only put 500 on it so far. I say "only" 500...My other bike usually got 0 miles from December 1st - March 15th. And even though we've had a wet and cold winter I've still put a few miles on it.

Nonetheless my goal is 7.5k. Almost all commuting, but hopefully a few longer trips.

I also ride a 1 m.p. (man power) Trek. It goes slow but gets great gas mileage...I just need a bigger tank!

I hope I get to put more miles on my bikes than my company truck. Looks like another year of a lot of overtime. I guess that is a lot better than being one of the 200 people that lost there job this week with my company! So what ever miles I can sqeeze in this year will enjoyable.

If I can equal last year's 18,000 miles I shall be very happy. Not off to a good start as I have only done 300 miles this year!

Back
Top Bottom