Mit100 and Zumo

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I'm having trouble hearing the Zumo through the Mit100

I can pickup my cellphone with no problem.

When I connect the mit100 audio cord to the Zumo's audio out on the motorcycle base I get no sound but the click when I plug the cord into the jack.

I've tried another headset plugged into the base with the same results.

Garmin wonders if I've set the volume correctly...both volume controls are set at max.

Zumo works perfectly in the car base.

Any ideas?

Gordon

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Hi Gordon,

Are you running the Zumo off of bike power or off of it's battery?

Curt

Bike
2012 GL 1800
STOC #
Gordon,

Double check to make sure you are using the Audio plug on the MIT. I tried the phone and gsrm plug on my 2610 and it will not work. Only the audio imput will work for the gps.

OP
OP
sandman
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Replies are good! :) The Zumo forum looks but doesn't reply, I guess the IMC gear is new to most of them.

forgitaboutit said:"no clue...I know nothing! I cant even get the garmin Mic to work good enough for calls...have you tried the zumo forums?"

The little wife can hear a cellphone call loud and clear using the phone jack, but the zumo forums haven't replied yet.

The GReat Farklemaster asked: Are you running the Zumo off of bike power or off of it's battery?

I'm using one of the quartet harness plugs and the zumo sees the external power with no problem. I understand that there is no music output unless the unit is on external power.

Snowmoer replied: Double check to make sure you are using the Audio plug on the MIT. I tried the phone and gsrm plug on my 2610 and it will not work. Only the audio imput will work for the gps.

I'm using the audio input for the MIT100 and the audio out jack on the left side of the motomount. I've tried all of the cables shipped with the MIT100 that would fit both the audio out and the audio in connections. Same results with all things tried.

Thanks for all your help with this little problem guys, I've got a couple of weeks till CampSToc to get it sorted out. Garmin tech says she'll send me another motomount if I want it. I said "Uhhh...let me seeYEAH!"

I'll post the resolution when we get it figured out.

Gordon

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
The GReat Farklemaster asked: Are you running the Zumo off of bike power or off of it's battery?

I'm using one of the quartet harness plugs and the zumo sees the external power with no problem. I understand that there is no music output unless the unit is on external power.
Gordon
The reason I asked if you were running it on bike power is that you may be running into a ground loop issue and it may require you to put in a ground loop isolator but usually you do get sound it's just crappy sound when you have a ground loop issue. They aren't that expensive and I usually keep one around to do testing. I'm finding out that a lot of cellphones create issues with intercom systems but each tend to have their own issues.

I'll read this again and maybe add something that might actually help.

Ok I have nothing. If others don't have an issue then I'm going with the ground loop thing.

Here's a generic one you can put inline with your music input cable from the MIT.
p/n 03205 3.5mm Ground Loop Isolator

Curt

Last edited:
Bike
GL1800 2015
Replies are good! :) The Zumo forum looks but doesn't reply, I guess the IMC gear is new to most of them.

forgitaboutit said:"no clue...I know nothing! I cant even get the garmin Mic to work good enough for calls...have you tried the zumo forums?"

The little wife can hear a cellphone call loud and clear using the phone jack, but the zumo forums haven't replied yet.

Snowmoer replied: Double check to make sure you are using the Audio plug on the MIT. I tried the phone and gsrm plug on my 2610 and it will not work. Only the audio imput will work for the gps.

I'm using the audio input for the MIT100 and the audio out jack on the left side of the motomount. I've tried all of the cables shipped with the MIT100 that would fit both the audio out and the audio in connections. Same results with all things tried.

Thanks for all your help with this little problem guys, I've got a couple of weeks till CampSToc to get it sorted out. Garmin tech says she'll send me another motomount if I want it. I said "Uhhh...let me seeYEAH!"

I'll post the resolution when we get it figured out.

Gordon
see you at CampSTOC!
I need another mount for my triumph!
I might have to make a call...suddenly my mount is malfunctioning!!
No...Really I Think it is!!!:rolleyes:

OP
OP
sandman
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
OK, this is where I stand now.

I tested the MIT-100 comm system's integrity by plugging the audio cable into my laptop's headset jack and had great stereo in my helmet. I immediately plugged it back into the Zumo motomount and only heard the infamous click.

I think the problem lies in the amp circuit that feeds that audio out jack on the motomount.

I'm awaiting a final verdict from Garmin about shipping a replacement.

I'll keep you guys informed.

Thanks for all your help and Gene thanks for the tech support call :bow1:

Gordon

Gene

That's MR CUPCAKE to you!
STOC #
Gordon when they offer you another mount puchase the new one and send your old one back for credit, when I had to exchange mine I sent it in priority mail and it took them 2.5 weeks to get the new one to me.They said there warehouse was kinda slow. Did you try the car mount??

OP
OP
sandman
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Gordon when they offer you another mount puchase the new one and send your old one back for credit, when I had to exchange mine I sent it in priority mail and it took them 2.5 weeks to get the new one to me.They said there warehouse was kinda slow. Did you try the car mount??
Gene,

Lori didn't say anything about needing credit card number, etc. She gave me an order number and said it would be shipping next week.

I hope that means early next week, but installing the new mount shouldn't take more than 10 or 15 mins. So if it comes in Wednesday before CampStoc I'll still have time to get it on the bike.

I'll let you know what happens.

Gordon

Gene

STOC #
you can always use the car mount by popping off the suction cup arm from the back and putting it inside the map window of your tank bag and run the cable to it

OP
OP
sandman
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
OK, got the new motomount in and installed.

Still no sound, tried again in car base and sound is dead there now too.

Ok, I'm going to CampSToc and I'll sort this out later.

See ya there!

Gordon

Gene

STOC #
sandman in the setup for the bluetooth you can select where the audio goes that might be the trouble. I'm sitting in the hotel at moonshine bored give me a call before 11;30 tonight if you want

OP
OP
sandman
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Gene,

I call myself trying all the settings in the bluetooth control panel with no good result.

I'll have the gear with me at CampSToc and you guys can have at it!

See ya there.

Gordon

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
sandman in the setup for the bluetooth you can select where the audio goes that might be the trouble. I'm sitting in the hotel at moonshine bored give me a call before 11;30 tonight if you want
11:30? they all went to bed? Geesh... I never hit the sack before midnight on most events.. just too much talking to be done... LOL

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Not sure about the Zumo but I have the 2720 and the MIT. The 2720 would not work at all...sometimes it was silent and sometimes there was nasty clicking noise. Gary at Electric-Avenues made me a ground loop isolated cable which resolved the issues.

He informed me that Garmin and the V1 do not ground their audio cables which causes issues when connecting them to com systems. For those peices of equipment, you need specialized cabling or hardware. The Mixit2 has the isolation system built into the unit so it does not require the cables.

If you have not resolved your issues, you might want to contact Gary and get a cable made for your Garmin. He charged me $10/cable and I got one for both my Garmin and the future V1.
John Brown at http://www.mixitproducts.com can also make you one up to just about any length you want although he sells a standard length too.

Curt

Top Bottom