Mobil 1 oil filters

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
I've been using NAPA Gold filters on my '06 since '13 when my extended warranty ran out. Haven't had any blowouts or filter related problems yet. I've used Mobil 1 Racing 4T, Rotella T6 5W40, and now I'm using Shell Advance Ultra 4T 10W40. It should have blown the engine by now!

Bike
98 & 99 ST1100
STOC #
My dog likes chicken. She says they all taste like chicken, so one is as good as the next.

She could talk about chicken all day...

Her favorite oil is Wesson because it has fried chicken on the label...

Sometimes she gets so obsessed with chicken that she can't think about anything else...

Unless the admin shows up and changes the channel...

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
Her favorite oil is Wesson because it has fried chicken on the label...

I'd need to see some used cooking oil analysis data on this, I've always preferred synthetics. That 100% natural stuff just doesn't seem good enough for me, even though the label is impressive, its what's inside the container that really counts. I'm also suspecting that it contains 0% moly, which would make it a non-starter, even if I could burn it as fuel in a diesel engine later on.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
I spent three hours today reviewing M/C oil filter study results by a pro. I've used Purolator ML16817 or Mobil M1MC-134 (made for motorcycles) for years on my 08 FJR.
I also agree on the negative comment about the K&N filters. I've read that more than once and never use them. Same insides as cheaper filters.
Did any of those reviews include the SAE test results for first & multi-pass efficiency and dirt capacity? All I could ever really find were dissection and opinion pieces. I don't put too much faith in those outside of a obvious visible failure.

Top Bottom