Mojo Lever

Bike
07 ST1300A
Last edited:
STOC #
I borrowed a co-worker's mojo lever, and liked it so much I had to order one. Makes changing tires so much easier. I highly recommend the lever, and Mitch, he's excellent to work with. :bow1: :bow1:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/prestondrake/mojoweb.htm

Here's a link to Fred Harmon's web page, using the Mojo lever to replace the tire on a GL1800. I found the process to be very similar for the ST.

http://www.angelridevideos.com/reviews/Mojo.html
That looks a lot like the lever that came with my Wikco tire changer. It works OK but for $10 more, I think the NoMar lever is a better deal. Lifetime warranty, tire lube and extra tips included. Plus I think the NoMar design is better.

STOC #
I bought the Mojolever before the No-Mar could be purchased without the whole machine. I have no basis for comparison, but can say that I'm a happy customer. I've used it maybe a dozen times with my Harbor Freight changer and it makes tire changes a breeze. I still can't believe I used to use three spoons and a piece of carpet on the garage floor to change tires. What was I thinking?

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
You were probably thinking:
Wow, this is a pain. I wish I could afford a tire changer...

:)

Mark

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
The only problem I had with the MoJo is I bent the tip on the first back tire I tried. Went to Lowe's, picked up a grade 8 bolt, shortened it so no threads were sticking out of the end when I tightened it back down, and never had another problem.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
UP,

Looks like you did for yourself what the guy on the posted link had mojo do for him...

Mark

OP
OP
gregj
Bike
07 ST1300A
The new Mojo levers come with a 3/8 hardened bolt. If you have an older one with the 5/16 bolt, contact Mitch and he'll send you a high carbon hardened replacement bolt.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
The new Mojo levers come with a 3/8 hardened bolt. If you have an older one with the 5/16 bolt, contact Mitch and he'll send you a high carbon hardened replacement bolt.
Good information Greg!

Mark

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
MARK - Yep, I guess I did. I need get me one of those cutting boards and do that mod on the HF while I'm at it. I just wish I could figure a way to mount the bead breaker up higher. It sure would make it easier for an old man like me. BTW, One of these days we're gonna have to do another CanyonSToc!

GREG - Thanks for the info, but I guess I'm pretty well got it fixed now.

Bike
2012 r1200rt
STOC #
so which is the best route to take...the No Mar or the HF with the Mojo? is it merely a matter of price or is one way or the other much easier for those of us less capable shop hands?

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Terry,

The no mar site sure has some pretty equipment; pretty pricey too.

The HF is so much less expensive I had to go with it... :)

Can you go over to someone's place that has one so you can see how it works?

Mark
P.S.
I'm not a real wrench; but, I do okay...

Bike
2012 r1200rt
STOC #
hey mark

i know ccryder mentions he has the No Mar, not sure what or if Uncle Phil has one of them. the Harbor Freight option is less than the No Mar over all and if i saw someone use it in person i might have some confidence with going that route. maybe there will be a tech event within 300 miles or so this fall/winter.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Good idea,

Once you see it work it all comes together; but, getting your hands dirty with it really helps! :)

This is the tire change site I used to learn about changing tires before I found the HF.

Mark

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
TERRY - Any time (with a little notice) trot on up to Nashville. I've got the Harbor Freight and the MoJo bar. Bring some tires (or have them dropshipped to my house) and I can watch you put them on! ;) (Nothing like first hand experience). I also have a static balancer and an air compressor.

Bike
2012 r1200rt
STOC #
hey UP

you're awesome man! i just need to wear these tires down a little more!!

T

OP
OP
gregj
Bike
07 ST1300A
so which is the best route to take...the No Mar or the HF with the Mojo? is it merely a matter of price or is one way or the other much easier for those of us less capable shop hands?
If you're ever in the N. Va area, you're more than welcome to stop by and take mine for a test spin. The No-Mar is definately a first rate machine. This is a very good case of you get what you pay for. If I was going to be changing a lot of tires (side business, etc), then I probably would have gone with the No-Mar. But I'm a little cheap, and I got it because I wanted to be able to change my tires when I wanted to, not when I could get them down to the shop. The HF is a decent machine, you got a lot for a little money. The HF with either bar is a good setup for one doing their own tires, or a few for their friends. For about $125, I got a machine that will work nicely. But if you get the HF, I STRONGLY recommend you modify with pads like I or Mark did (linky)

OP
OP
gregj
Bike
07 ST1300A
Mark, I've been thinking about making a slip-on arm that will keep the rim from spinning. Using this would be a lot easier than wrapping strap around a rim spoke and the stand. Your thoughts?

Top Bottom